Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Foundation maths

Options
  • 16-08-2017 7:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hi, my son did foundation maths for the leaving cert and in the 'grade' it says '4'.. does anyone know what it means? It should read F1 or F2... i rang the helpline and they didn't know! Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,042 ✭✭✭SouthernBelle

Is it F4? My son did OL maths and the grade show '2' which is O2.

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭dorado99

It means your son got between 60-69 in foundation level. There's no points for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 collette1971

There are no points? He was not told that in school.. what was the point of doing it i wonder.. thanks for the reply

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,962 ✭✭✭r93kaey5p2izun

There are no points? He was not told that in school.. what was the point of doing it i wonder.. thanks for the reply

Students must study Maths - and English and Irish (unless exempt) - in all state funded schools. Passing Maths at FL also gives access to several colleges and courses where a fail in OL, or no Maths, would not.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 29,509 Mod ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

Passing Maths at FL also gives access to several colleges and courses where a fail in OL, or no Maths, would not.
    This, Colette.

It will satisfy minimum requirements for some non-maths related courses, even if it doesn't give points.

The top two grades for Foundation do carry a small number of points; an F4 grade won't though.

• Advertisement
Advertisement