Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Collective waste bin for apartment block without space

Options
  • 16-08-2017 5:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 32

I live in an apartment block in Dublin city centre and I'm looking into any options regarding centralising the waste collection system in the building.

Currently, all residents (20 apts) take care of their own waste, usually in the form of bin bags for general and recycling, which are subsequently left outside on the street. The apartments are rather small and keeping multiple bags for general and recycling is not ideal.

Ideally, we would have a centralised collection system with waste bins for the entire block, but unfortunately, there is no space to locate this in the apartment block.

I was wondering what other options may be available. There is a little-used cul-de-sac laneway besides the block, but this is a public road.

Would there be any options regarding this problem?

Advertisement