Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HTC U11 or wait for Pixel 2...?

Options
  • 16-08-2017 3:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,399 ✭✭✭

Obviously a tough one to decide given that we're still waiting on *confirmed* details on the Pixel 2 range, but I've an upgrade available with Three and am considering moving off my Nexus 6P.

I enjoy using Google flagship phones for the standard reasons of speed of OS updates, AOSP vs. skins vs. bloatware, etc. I would have gone with the first Pixel but there really wasn't enough of a jump from the Nexus 6P for me.

However, the U11 looks great and the reviews are extremely favourable. Of course, the upgrade being available is a big help too. My choices are:

1. Use the upgrade to get the most easily sellable / profitable phone and use the money towards the Pixel 2 when it comes out.
    2. Upgrade to U11 and keep it in box until I see spec of the Pixel 2 (but possibly value of U11 goes down during that wait)
    3. Upgrade to U11 and just enjoy the phone :)

All comments, corrections and suggestions welcome!

Finally, it's a damn shame that Three don't have any colours other than black for the U11 :-(

Comments

WetDaddy wrote: »
    Obviously a tough one to decide given that we're still waiting on *confirmed* details on the Pixel 2 range, but I've an upgrade available with Three and am considering moving off my Nexus 6P.

I enjoy using Google flagship phones for the standard reasons of speed of OS updates, AOSP vs. skins vs. bloatware, etc. I would have gone with the first Pixel but there really wasn't enough of a jump from the Nexus 6P for me.

However, the U11 looks great and the reviews are extremely favourable. Of course, the upgrade being available is a big help too. My choices are:

1. Use the upgrade to get the most easily sellable / profitable phone and use the money towards the Pixel 2 when it comes out.
    2. Upgrade to U11 and keep it in box until I see spec of the Pixel 2 (but possibly value of U11 goes down during that wait)
    3. Upgrade to U11 and just enjoy the phone :)

All comments, corrections and suggestions welcome!

Finally, it's a damn shame that Three don't have any colours other than black for the U11 :-(

Depends if you're wanting the pixel or the pixel XL. Standard pixel 2 is made by HTC and won't be much different to the U11. It will be stronger in some points and weaker in others (such as expandable storage).

If you're interested in the pixel 2 XL, then it's worth waiting I guess.

Advertisement