Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HL Maths points help!!

Options
  • 16-08-2017 3:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12

Just got my leaving cert points today and got 405 points, it's the points I need for DCU engineering(common entry). But the requirements is a H4 grade...So my question is that I have H6 and if you add the 25pts I get 71 pts which is a H4, so do I fit the requirement for DCU? And will I even enter to the course if I have the exact same points which is required?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭august12

No, a h6 is a h6, the 25 extra points is added to your overall score, nothing to do with grade you got.

If this is the essential criteria for entry, then no, you won't be offered a place. Also, you have no idea what the points will be until Monday when cao offers are released, points may go up or down depending on supply and demand.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 29,509 Mod ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

August is correct, you have to meet the minimum requirements first, THEN the system will rank those applicants who do by points.

Check whether DCU offer a "make-up / second chance" maths exam, I think they might ...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭august12

Have you any other course listed on cao other than dcu engineering, I'm not sure this college runs a second chance maths exam, other colleges do, they are generally on straight after LC results, usually this week.

Advertisement