Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Repeating the Leaving Certificate

Options
  • 16-08-2017 3:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

I repeated my Leaving Cert this year and due to the new points system scored below my previous year. I applied for DARE only this year because by the time I was significantly sick in 2016 the application was closed. My condition rapidly deteriorated the following year and it is only now that I am starting to feel like my old self. I really do not want to repeat for the third time, so I was wondering can I use my DARE for both years or only the year I have applied for? There's not a huge difference in my points, however, every little helps!

Thank you
    Tagged:

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 29,509 Mod ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

My understanding is that DARE applies to you, not the year, and they should take the highest points year of your two sittings, as would be normal with CAO process ... but I'll be honest and say that I'm not an expert on HEAR / DARE.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,199 ✭✭✭troyzer

I went through DARE. As far as I know it's a CAO thing, not a points thing. It only comes into effect when you apply for a course regardless of the year those points come from. 

To repeat what Randy said though, you should find out for sure. Give them a ring.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Monkey1476

Thank you both for your replies! Guess I'll find out Monday when offers come out but your responses are very helpful and give me hope.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,199 ✭✭✭troyzer

Monkey1476 wrote: »
    Thank you both for your replies! Guess I'll find out Monday when offers come out but your responses are very helpful and give me hope.
    Well?

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Monkey1476

They used my 2016 points, so you were right! Thank you!

• Advertisement
Advertisement