Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Do CAO points expire over time/how many points do I have ?

Options
  • 16-08-2017 1:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 408 ✭✭

Hey all, just looking for some information please :)

Back in 2012 I did a Fetac level 5 major award in computers. I got 5 distinctions and 4 merits but not sure how many points I have in total ? The calculator looks rather mind boggling to me, so would anyone know how many points 5 distinctions and 4 merits would add up to ?

Also I was talking in passing the other day and someone told me that my points expire after 5 years, I find this hard to believe but also scary at the same time as I was contemplating maybe attending college in the next year or 2.

Thanks in advance :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭GalwayGrrrrrl

Hey all, just looking for some information please :)

Back in 2012 I did a Fetac level 5 major award in computers. I got 5 distinctions and 4 merits but not sure how many points I have in total ? The calculator looks rather mind boggling to me, so would anyone know how many points 5 distinctions and 4 merits would add up to ?

Also I was talking in passing the other day and someone told me that my points expire after 5 years, I find this hard to believe but also scary at the same time as I was contemplating maybe attending college in the next year or 2.

Thanks in advance :)

At a certain age (21 or 23?) you can attend university as a mature student. It is then less important what leaving cert points you got as they take work experience etc into account as well. Maybe that's what your friend meant?

• Registered Users Posts: 408 ✭✭DubInTheWest

Thanks for the reply. I went back and done a PLC course as a mature student, I'm a decade and a little more over 23 :D After I done the major award I did a Fetac leval 6 in Traning deliver and Evaluation. Got little bits of work but it's been in the back of my mind to attend college full time but can't calculate how many points I have, and now I hear they might expire but maybe he was confused. He was also telling me that if I did another Fetac/QQI level 5 I would have to do communications and work experience again as 5 years have passed. He either knows a lot, or nothing at all lol

Advertisement