Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best plan for someone who uses data, txt and voice

Options
  • 16-08-2017 11:45am
    Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭

Hi I'm on a vodafone plan (35 per month) but I'm paying on avg 40-50 per month. I realised that MMS are costing me alot aand 1890 numbers.
    How do I compare all rates - is there a site to compare?
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

eeinke wrote: »
    I realised that MMS are costing me alot

Why are you using MMS? With so many alternatives thats pissing away money.

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭eeinke

I know Ed E, quite silly of me really - whatsapp and viper perfectly good alternatives.
    Do you know whats best way to compare plans?

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Probably this:
    https://switcher.ie/mobiles/guides/sim-only/compare-sim-only-bill-pay-deals/

But they dont take into account the quirks or nuances of networks. For example, texts from Banks, Parky By Text, Paypal, Google etc etc etc dont work with ID,48,VM. Or that Vodafone could have your home right under a cell while with Three you're borderline covered.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,764 ✭✭✭DopeTech

eeinke wrote: »
    Hi I'm on a vodafone plan (35 per month) but I'm paying on avg 40-50 per month. I realised that MMS are costing me alot aand 1890 numbers.
    How do I compare all rates - is there a site to compare?
    Thanks

What sort of usage are we looking at for minutes/texts/ data per month?
    Could you not send pictures via email or whatsapp/viber?

Advertisement