Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HTC One M9 Hard Reset Issue

Options
  • 16-08-2017 8:12am
    Registered Users Posts: 741 ✭✭✭

Need some help here, I've a M9 for about 2.5 years now and it was starting to get slow so I did a hard reset on the phone to clear out any junk but unfortunately after the reset it gets stuck on the Set Up Internet wizard as the Google Play services keeps stopping.

It is running the latest stock Vodafone release of Nougat.

What I've attempted so far

Many hard resets to see if that fixes it.
    Wiped Cache

I can't put a custom rom on it as I can't unlock it due to the OEM Lock not being disabled in the Dev Options.

Any suggestions on how to reflash a stock rom on to it as I'd say that will fix it as the phone seems to be working ok as I can hear texts coming in the background when I have it switched on. I can also read all the data off the internal storage when plugged into a PC.

Any help appreciated.

John

Comments

goose06 wrote: »
    Need some help here, I've a M9 for about 2.5 years now and it was starting to get slow so I did a hard reset on the phone to clear out any junk but unfortunately after the reset it gets stuck on the Set Up Internet wizard as the Google Play services keeps stopping.

It is running the latest stock Vodafone release of Nougat.

What I've attempted so far

Many hard resets to see if that fixes it.
    Wiped Cache

I can't put a custom rom on it as I can't unlock it due to the OEM Lock not being disabled in the Dev Options.

Any suggestions on how to reflash a stock rom on to it as I'd say that will fix it as the phone seems to be working ok as I can hear texts coming in the background when I have it switched on. I can also read all the data off the internal storage when plugged into a PC.

Any help appreciated.

John

How are you going about the hard reset? Usually I'd just say flash the RUU, but I can't find a Vodafone Nougat RUU floating around.

• Registered Users Posts: 741 ✭✭✭goose06

Basil3 wrote: »
    How are you going about the hard reset? Usually I'd just say flash the RUU, but I can't find a Vodafone Nougat RUU floating around.

Yeah had hoped to do that but couldn't find it any where, dropped it in to a shop in town so hopefully they can do it, if not it won't cost me anything

Advertisement