Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

what android phone would you buy?

Options
  • 15-08-2017 7:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 695 ✭✭✭

Hi guys

I have a delema of which phone to buy I have around 400 to spent was looking at getting a Nokia 6 Arte black which is 4gb ram 64gb ROM but Amazon are too high and seller is third party also here three have it but I am with Vodafone. So my current phone is 2 and a half years old Moto g 2nd generation. Which I like as it's got stock android and also upgraded two versions of android since I owned it. Battery is now degraded and have issues with Bluetooth. What phone can you guys recommend to buy for 400?
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,945 ✭✭✭biebiebie

Moto G5 Plus / G5S Plus and keep the (considerable) change.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,443 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

I'm waiting for the moto x4. Although the moto g5s plus ticks a lot of boxes, only issue for me is that I want it 5.2 or less.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,155 ✭✭✭StereoSound

That Moto G5S Plus looks like a great phone. Cloves website will have available August 30th. My gf was looking at the Nokia 6 but now she is interested in this Motorola ..Much better spec and about €50 more then the Nokia 6. Your also getting the Snapdragon 625 in it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,945 ✭✭✭biebiebie

I'm waiting for the moto x4. Although the moto g5s plus ticks a lot of boxes, only issue for me is that I want it 5.2 or less.

The Moto G5 is 5.2"...whilst the G5S is 5.5"

• Registered Users Posts: 695 ✭✭✭jhud

Thanks all for the options. I like the moto x4 which if it comes with the compass unlike the G5s plus or G5s then i might take the punt on it. Motorolla.co.uk has no details as of yet on release but it was ment to be this month. So it should not work out like the nokia hard to get from good seller and good price.
    Thanks again

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭Amalgam

LG Q6 if you aren't that bothered about a fingerprint reader..

http://www.gsmarena.com/lg_q6-8756.php

Behaves very much like a Nexus 5 of yesteryear.. There are plenty of videos out now on YouTube, have a Google and see what catches your eye.

Released in India in a big way, parts of North Eastern Europe too. No idea where you'd source one closer to home.

My Moto G5S+ is due to be delivered by the 25th, from Amazon.it. The price on Amazon.co.uk was about £206, with a rebate for P&P, pre order garantee etc.

The Moto G5S+ does not have a compass, as far as I can tell, but does have NFC.

jhud wrote: »
    Thanks all for the options. I like the moto x4 which if it comes with the compass unlike the G5s plus or G5s then i might take the punt on it. Motorolla.co.uk has no details as of yet on release but it was ment to be this month. So it should not work out like the nokia hard to get from good seller and good price.
    Thanks again

Not sure why Motorola removed the compass from the past few generations of Moto G...Not good when your standing on the street and you don't know what way your pointing. I used Google maps in Italy on foot with an older Moto G4 and it was pain in the a$$holes walking up one way and checking to see if the map is following your direction or not.

Not sure why Motorola removed the compass from the past few generations of Moto G...Not good when your standing on the street and you don't know what way your pointing. I used Google maps in Italy on foot with an older Moto G4 and it was pain in the a$$holes walking up one way and checking to see if the map is following your direction or not.

Ya was in Barcelona and my moto g 2nd gen was better then the g4 plus the wife had because of compass. it was easy to see which way you were facing before you walked.

jhud wrote: »
    Ya was in Barcelona and my moto g 2nd gen was better then the g4 plus the wife had because of compass. it was easy to see which way you were facing before you walked.

Only downside about it really.

Just update i was in vodafone store today and the guy told me that they should be getting the nokia 6 and 8 in stock but not straight away and that this exclusive to three is only for 2 or 3 months. So for those who want it on vodafone maybe ask your local store and see if they provide the same information.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Don't buy your phone from a telco anyways.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,461 ✭✭✭projectgtr

I picked up a pixel for £400 in car phone warehouse in newry, with the sterling the way it is it brings it right into budget, have to say im delighted with it camera is brilliant and its buttery smooth with everything i throw at it, another plus is the updates, Android O was announced and boom it was ready to download and install.

Advertisement