Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Susi grant

Options
  • 15-08-2017 12:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 22

Hey guys, I've just been awarded half of my post grad fees from susi and also transport costs (which totals the rest of my fees) over the year. I was wondering if it would be wise to ask susi if I could have the transport costs to pay the rest of my fees and then pay for transport myself? If not I'll just get a loan for the other half but it would be so much easier if they could pay it instead of the transport. I'll still have to pay for busses and trains but that would be better than paying a loan. I won't ask them if I feel it might "rock the boat" and affect my current award but just thought I'd ask if anyone else has done a similar thing. I was thinking it might be worth just asking but I just don't know if it'll affect things

Thanks and peace out!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 508 ✭✭✭dobbs2210

How did you apply to have your transport costs covered via SUSI?

• Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭spoonerhead

If your transport costs are built into your maintenance grant then no. They'll only give you that money once a month, dates are usually specified in September. They have a really narrow framework in place, so it's nearly impossible they can help you with that one.

Best of luck with your college year!

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Threeofnine

If your transport costs are built into your maintenance grant then no. They'll only give you that money once a month, dates are usually specified in September. They have a really narrow framework in place, so it's nearly impossible they can help you with that one.

Best of luck with your college year!

Yeah it's the once a month thing. Oh well loan it is. Thanks a mill for the reply!

Advertisement