Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Historical Flight Records

Options
  • 15-08-2017 10:30am
    Registered Users Posts: 620 ✭✭✭

Is there anywhere I can get flight schedule for a flight 5 years ago? I'm looking to sneak in a compensation claim before statute of limitations runs out. If I pass it over to one of the law firms will they look into the schedule for me?

Flight was:
    FR3257 10/2/2012 Nimes to London Luton

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 4,156 Mod ✭✭✭✭Locker10a

Seriously........
    Compo culture is reaching a new low

• Registered Users Posts: 620 ✭✭✭LeChienMefiant

Have you an issue with flight delay/cancellation or just the statute of limitations? The law is pretty clearly on the consumers side regardless of your perspective on morality.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,219 ✭✭✭Gaoth Laidir

Is there anywhere I can get flight schedule for a flight 5 years ago? I'm looking to sneak in a compensation claim before statute of limitations runs out. If I pass it over to one of the law firms will they look into the schedule for me?

Flight was:
    FR3257 10/2/2012 Nimes to London Luton

You're looking for the schedule? Do you not have that in your booking records? Surely you would have kept a record if there was some problem with the flight for which you are now seeking compo? If the flight was delayed or whatever, surely you know by how long?

You're looking for the schedule? Do you not have that in your booking records? Surely you would have kept a record if there was some problem with the flight for which you are now seeking compo? If the flight was delayed or whatever, surely you know by how long?
    Unusually, I purchased my ticket with cash at the airport. I wasn't aware of the consumer legislation at the time. I do recall being heavily delayed but not the exact schedule.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,384 ✭✭✭Deep Thought

so, it took you 5 years to decide to make a claim?

The narrower a man’s mind, the broader his statements.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,306 ✭✭✭phonypony

In fairness I would pursue what you're entitled to, particularly if the airline did not make you aware of your rights. I had a substantial delay on a connection in LHR about 11 years ago and only recently realised the legislation was in force back then. At no point did EI mention it or anything about out of pocket expenses for food, etc. If it weren't for the statue of limitations, I too would seek what I was due, nothing wrong with not being shafted and claiming what is yours.

Based on further reading re the statute of limitations it seems like this could be less than clear cut, and possibly unfair on the airline. I won't be proceeding.

As an aside, I think this is a great piece of legislation for focussing the minds of the airlines on the quality of service they provide and would wholeheartedly encourage customers to assert their statutory rights.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,729 ✭✭✭martinsvi

to answer your question, none of the free websites go that far back in time, even some of the premium ones dont. What you could do is ping an email to the likes of flightradar24 and kindly ask if they have any details of the said flight in the archives and see if they are willing to share it for a reasonable price.

the other source is flightaware, but they charge a fortune for historical data, I think the lookup for a specific date will cost you starting from 250$

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 9,736 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tenger

As an aside, I think this is a great piece of legislation for focussing the minds of the airlines on the quality of service they provide and would wholeheartedly encourage customers to assert their statutory rights.
    I would agree. Airlines nowadays are a lot more forthcoming about the legal respondibility they have towards passengets in disruption.
    EU261 is regularly quoted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭ct5amr2ig1nfhp

flightstats.com will give you all flight information, including scheduled and actual departure/arrival time. You can get a free trial account of the historical data. The paid service is only a few cents a result.

• Advertisement
Advertisement