Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Double Tap to Wake

Options
  • 14-08-2017 9:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 438 ✭✭

Hello,

I have Vodafone smart V8, I must have disabled 'Double tap to wake' feature when installing this for first use or something as it does not appear in Display settings where it should, as it is on my old phone.

I have also done software update.

I have tried doing factory reset several times with no success, it does not appear anymore.

How do I re-enable this feature?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,155 ✭✭✭StereoSound

Brian2011 wrote: »
    Hello,

I have Vodafone smart V8, I must have disabled 'Double tap to wake' feature when installing this for first use or something as it does not appear in Display settings where it should, as it is on my old phone.

I have also done software update.

I have tried doing factory reset several times with no success, it does not appear anymore.

How do I re-enable this feature?

Thanks

I have the V8 as well and I think unfortunately the new OTA update removes the double tap to wake feature. I can't find it in settings anymore.

• Registered Users Posts: 438 ✭✭Brian2011

Yeah I know I definitely had it, and then I stupidly installed the latest software update and after that its gone, this is really stupid because on this phone they put the bloody power button on the left of phone, why I don't know, really awkward if you have a cover on phone as I do.

Any good third party apps for this feature?

• Registered Users Posts: 36,165 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Brian2011 wrote: »
    Any good third party apps for this feature?

I doubt a third party app could control it without Root as its a feature of the hardware digitizer.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,942 ✭✭✭biebiebie

Nova Prime launcher facilities double tap.
    Use in conjunction with another app "Screen Off and Lock" for sleep mode.

Maybe take a look at some YouTube videos to see if it fits your needs.

Oh and no root required as far as I'm aware.

Advertisement