Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ennis bypass speed limit

Options
  • 14-08-2017 8:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 426 ✭✭

Was driving on the bypass between the lahinch road and beechpark roundabout last night and noticed that the speed limit has been dropped to 60km/h :confused: When and why did this change?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,130 ✭✭✭mel.b

It has been changed for the Fleadh that is in town. Same thing happened last yr as well. I don't know what the reasoning behind the need to reduce it during the Fleadh is though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,211 ✭✭✭Figerty

mel.b wrote: »
    It has been changed for the Fleadh that is in town. Same thing happened last yr as well. I don't know what the reasoning behind the need to reduce it during the Fleadh is though.

It is actually ridiculous. The time saving is only seconds, it's not going to be a tail back. Each stretch starts and finishes at 50km/hour. reducing to 60 means nothing except modest over taking is not possible.
    Last year the guards were there a few minutes after the signs went up pulling 'speeders'

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,934 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

Figerty wrote: »
    It is actually ridiculous. The time saving is only seconds, it's not going to be a tail back. Each stretch starts and finishes at 50km/hour. reducing to 60 means nothing except modest over taking is not possible.
    Last year the guards were there a few minutes after the signs went up pulling 'speeders'

Ah now that's a bit harsh, I can't remember any guards on that road, reducing the speed is because of the increased traffic and to prevent accidents, if there was any speeding tickets given out I'd be amazed.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,140 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

The 50km/h section on the N68 is even more outrageous.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,130 ✭✭✭mel.b

JCX BXC wrote: »
    The 50km/h section on the N68 is even more outrageous.

Yes, that is seems pointless and such a drastic change for little reason. What is the most stupid thing though is it changes back to a 100 zone immediately before the school. At least if it extended past the school it would make a little bit of sense for that immediate area.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,211 ✭✭✭Figerty

Clareman wrote: »
    Ah now that's a bit harsh, I can't remember any guards on that road, reducing the speed is because of the increased traffic and to prevent accidents, if there was any speeding tickets given out I'd be amazed.

I saw them last year. 2 Guards, one in large jeep took off after someone. The other there handing out tickets.
    There isn't increased traffic on the by pass. No busier than an other day.
    It's a ridiculous speed limit change.. the main dual carriage way from the motorway to Maxol hasn't change at all...the main access to Ennis.
    The often pull for tax, insurance and occasionally the Customs on both sections.

Advertisement