Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Have you ever been involved in a road rage incident?

Options
  • 14-08-2017 8:31pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 484 ✭✭

One of my friends last Friday was given grief by two women in their 20s after the stupid one was putting on her makeup and the car veered into his path on a roundabout. Interestingly, they were the ones roaring their heads off complaining about missing their flight to New York along with berating him for looking like "teenage driver who has business to be on the road". while he just kept his cool.

Thinking about the incident, road rage probably isn't something we experience here. Americans take it to a whole new level with their pistols, semiautomatics, and testosterone pumped bodies. I'm sure though we have some good stories. What's yours?

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 903 ✭✭✭MysticMonk

Not really but I've nearly ran over Mary Robinson,Samantha Mumba and Christie Dignam...all their own faults I hasten to add.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,452 ✭✭✭✭The_Valeyard

Only when I drive.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

Yes but it's usually me doing the raging. I remember driving along and coming to a roundabout. I did that thing where you edge out every so often until you think there's enough space, well on this occasion I may have edged out too much because a bus driver beeped at me and gave me a two finger gesture! Unimpressed and all as I was I beeped back and stuck my two fingers back at him and I may have yelled some expletives. My friend beside me was like, "what are you doing?".. I said "he gave me the two fingers!".. she said "no you dope he was pointing to his eyes! gesturing to you to open your eyes"...
    oops..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭begbysback

Does using colourful language fall under "road rage"?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,705 ✭✭✭✭Tigger

MysticMonk wrote: »
    Not really but I've nearly ran over Mary Robinson,Samantha Mumba and Christie Dignam...all their own faults I hasten to add.

I missed running over dermot (father ted) Morgan by inches on leeson st years ago
    I was on the bike and I just said "careful ted "
    He smiled and continued to cross the road, a month later he died of a heart attack but I don't think it was my fault.
    As for road rage I pulled over after being flashed and gestured at by two lads in a van who got annoyed by me not letting them merge but they changed their tune when I got out and started smiling at them like a crazy person I am and they drove off again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,575 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

I had a drunken Bertie fall out of the pub in the middle of the Drumcondra road one night, didn't know whether to aim for him for the good of our nation, or just avoid him and get home like I had intended... :)

I chose the latter unfortunately...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

Drive the narrow roads of South Kerry and the Ring of Kerry all the time. I'm generally pretty tolerant about the slow drivers up front, they're tourists, they might enjoy the scenery, they might be unfamiliar with driving on this side of a road barely wide enough to take two passing vehicles...but if they just refuse to pull in at one of the many lay bys...then the anger starts to show. I mean, if I was driving in their part of the world, I'd pull in and understand that other people may have pressing concerns, work, appointments to make etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,297 ✭✭✭MonkieSocks

begbysback wrote: »
    Does using colourful language fall under "road rage"?

That would probably be " Road Rage Racist"

Or

"RRR"

:pac: RRR

=(:-) Me? I know who I am. I'm a dude playing a dude disguised as another dude (-:)=

• Registered Users Posts: 2,591 ✭✭✭hairyslug

The closest would have been a woman who cut in front on my on the M11, I beeped and when I passed her she did a wanker sign and if my cock was the size that she had her hand, I'd be a very proud man.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 518 ✭✭✭keith_sixteen

Once. On the outskirts of a German city on the autobahn I realised I was in the wrong lane and had to duck into the next lane and it looked like I was skipping the queue.

The German motorist beeped and he eventually skipped into the queue beside me. I wound down my window to apologise in broken German and he immediately switched to perfect English saying it was quite ok and apologised for beeping.

Once. On the outskirts of a German city on the autobahn I realised I was in the wrong lane and had to duck into the next lane and it looked like I was skipping the queue.

The German motorist beeped and he eventually skipped into the queue beside me. I wound down my window to apologise in broken German and he immediately switched to perfect English saying it was quite ok and apologised for beeping.

Just remembered pulling out onto a road in France while racing to catch a flight. Looked both ways, pulled out, right into the path of a car travelling pretty quickly from our left. He braked and got out of the car, read us the riot act, and had to sit there and take it 'cos we were completely in the wrong, he was roaring about "coupe ma route" which I guess means cut across me. My wife got very upset, as we were wrong I could only get out and keep saying "je suis vraiment desolee, cetait totalement mon faut" in very broken French until he calmed down. Not a good moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭Snipp

I was cycling up the howth road one day after college and had to stop as a car was parked in the cycle lane and there were cars to my right. The driver had the window down so when there was a break in traffic and i cycled past, i said "youre parked in the cycle lane btw". I cycled on and next thing i knew a car zoomed up to my right and sandwiched me against curb knocking me off. He started screaming abuse out of the car window at me so I quickly got on the bike and went to cycle off fearing he would actually attack me. He ditched the car in the middle of the road then and chased after me shouting.
    A lovely lady had seen the incident and followed me home to make sure I wasn't hurt actually which was nice. She also took his reg which i gave to the guards, however nothing was ever done.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,277 ✭✭✭Your Face

No I'm purely Streets of Rage.

• Registered Users Posts: 969 ✭✭✭Greybottle

That's mad. All three of them together?

Were they all on the beer together do you think?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,512 ✭✭✭the_pen_turner

I was in a petrol station parked in a space. they were those angled ones. I came out of the shop and walked towards the van.
    I could see this woman sitting in her car . she was parked behind the row of properly parked vehicles. she was about 30 feet down along the row.
    I get in the van and start to reverse out. I'm about half out so about 4 feet closer to her. I her a beep of her horn so I stop. iv no back windows so I cant see if there is anything there . there is no sound from the reversing sensors . I get out to see if there is something there . absolutely nothing, just her thinking I'm going to hit her. so I slowly start moving again. I go back to about where the van is fully out enough to drive forward and get another beep from her
    in the mean time someone else has pulled into get fuel and is blocking me from driving through the pump area to get out
    I go to drive around in a u shape to go back to the way I went in. as I do she pulls across me in the entrance in an attempt to get to one of the full pumps.
    I give her a little ironic tip of the horn and a wave of the hand to say wtf . she reverses back a bit and I squeeze past her. my window is down so is hers. I redden the horn and let fly the rage I had toward her.

• Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭Academic

I think there's one example of an actual road rage incident among all the posts thus far.

Most people are just posting about drivers who've been rude to them or about how they've been rude to other drivers.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,183 ✭✭✭✭Grayson

I have a mate, you've probably heard of him, Ronnie...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,162 ✭✭✭MadDog76

To my shame I've had quite a few, a couple that even involved me exiting the car and getting physical but it's been a good while since I let the rage takeover .......... I just woke up one morning and said to myself "the road is full of idiots behind the wheel, dopey pedestrians and, worst of all, cyclists and me flying off the handle every time I encounter one of these f*cktards is doing no one, least of all me, any good whatsoever" and that was that ......... I've managed to breathe and smile through these encounters ever since ......... it's f*cking hard sometimes though to be honest!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

Leaving UCD once after playing 5 a side, came to the roundabout just before the Clonskeagh exit, I get cut off at the roundabout by a guy who drives on to said roundabout without even looking. I beep the horn, we stop at the lights. He gets out of his car, I'm assuming to apologise. Bangs on the window to abuse me for beeping him, despite him almost taking me out and being completely in the wrong. He was drunk, I could smell the alcohol on him. We both turned up towards Goatstown and I was shaking the whole way. Looking back, I should have called the Guards as he was definitely drinking.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,638 ✭✭✭andekwarhola

Years ago, I got cut in really dangerously by another car on the motorway. Gave an emphatic wanker sign to the culprit when passing them before realizing it was one of the managers at work.

• Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭Academic

Ireland is lucky insofar as few drivers carry firearms in their vehicles. Compare that to parts of the U.S. where more than one out of three drivers is armed with a pistol.

Advertisement