Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tracing my Son

Options
  • 14-08-2017 4:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

I am a birth Mother, looking for my Son that I gave up for adoption back in 1991. He was born in Holles Street Hospital, Dublin in August 1991 and was given up for adoption throught C.P.R.S.I which is now Cúnamh.
    I have a copy of his original birth cert, and the week the adoption was granted.
    I have registered with AAI and Cúnamh.
    I am hoping to get, to Dublin for a couple of days to try and search myself in the GRO.
    Any advice from anybody but be greatly appreciated.

Not a day has gone passed that I haven't thought about him, and doing my best to stay positive that I will find him.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 942 ✭✭✭Ghekko

You have a good bit of info to go on. Print a copy of the Adption Rights Alliance tracing guide to bring with you. Once you find entries in the adoption records for boys born on his date of birth you will need to order the actual certs from Roscommon. Hopefully there won't be many and that the date of adoption order will match one of the certs you get.

Advertisement