Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

VPS

Options
  • 14-08-2017 3:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,563 ✭✭✭

Been availing of hetzner's VPS services for some years now. Looking for a second VPS with 2 to 4 GB of ram. Don't care about storage or processor speed but need ssh access to a minimal linux installation (not unduly worried which flavour).

Googled but anything price wise I find is considerably higher than prices in the attached image.

Am I missing anything or is this as good as you get for these requirements ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 768 ✭✭✭14ned

Been availing of hetzner's VPS services for some years now. Looking for a second VPS with 2 to 4 GB of ram. Don't care about storage or processor speed but need ssh access to a minimal linux installation (not unduly worried which flavour).

Googled but anything price wise I find is considerably higher than prices in the attached image.

Am I missing anything or is this as good as you get for these requirements ?

You can find fully dedicated servers with 2Gb of RAM and a dual core Atom processor from a certain well known very large French provider for less than five euro a month.

I actually rented one of their "storage servers" last month just for a month. 2Tb HD paired with a slow ARM CPU and a 250Mbit NIC. Used it to back up a server nightly as it was behaving flaky. Worked a treat, great value for the tenner it cost me or so. But an Atom CPU would run rings around that ARM CPU, it was seriously slow.

Niall

Advertisement