Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Thanks, no thanks, kind of, rubbish, claptrap, I totally agree . . . . . .

Options
  • 14-08-2017 10:24am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 12,078 ✭✭✭✭

Thanks, no thanks?

The Thanks option is there so that if you agree with a post you can say thanks, but what if you totally disagree with a post and want to say No Thanks, or I totally disagree, or pants to that?

Other options that should be available ......

Rubbish

Total pants

Claptrap

Never

Brilliant

Superb

Far out

Wicked

Way to go

Your kidding

The dogs

Any other posters agree that there should be options other than Thanks.

What option other than 'thanks' would you like to see added to posts. 30 votes

No thanks
    0% 0 votes
    Rubbish
    36% 11 votes
    Total pants
    20% 6 votes
    Claptrap
    20% 6 votes
    Never
    10% 3 votes
    Brilliant
    0% 0 votes
    Superb
    3% 1 vote
    Far out
    3% 1 vote
    Wicked
    0% 0 votes
    Way to go
    3% 1 vote
    You're kidding
    3% 1 vote
    The dogs
    0% 0 votes
    Other .....
    0% 0 votes

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,768 ✭✭✭✭tomwaterford

Replying to the post with an opinion?

• Registered Users Posts: 809 ✭✭✭filbert the fox

You cannot be serious

• Registered Users Posts: 440 ✭✭GritBiscuit

There's the option to thank a post - that post could be agreeing or disagreeing with any premise...I like that better than a blanket "rubbish" which can lazily be thrown out even at an OP...and it's also less likely to be abused as a personal point scoring mechanism.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,078 ✭✭✭✭LordSutch

Replying to the post with an opinion?

Opinion for sure, but if you just want to make a very quick reply, instead of just Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,634 ✭✭✭✭OldGoat

LordSutch wrote: »
    Opinion for sure, but if you just want to make a very quick reply, instead of just Thanks.
    -

I'm older than Minecraft goats.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭alberto67

Thumb down would be a good option as in some other internet forums.

Cat malojin
    The pits

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,490 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

alberto67 wrote: »

Like this :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

You're kidding*

• Registered Users Posts: 9,167 ✭✭✭Fr_Dougal

That would be an ecumenical matter

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 232 ✭✭Benjamin Buttons

Tea/Coffee/Soft drink/Bourbon (American Whiskey)/Superquinn sausages

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,973 ✭✭✭RayM

I'd like to see a "no thanks" option, that's visible only to the recipient. It's all well and good knowing who likes or agrees with my posts - I want to know the identities of the cunts who don't.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,236 ✭✭✭Dr. Kenneth Noisewater

"You're a Tool"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,667 ✭✭✭Hector Bellend

STFU

Where's the 'snowflake' option?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,183 ✭✭✭✭Grayson

atari jaguar?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭Winterlong

"Would you ever go fcuk yourself" would get my upvote.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,183 ✭✭✭✭Grayson

RayM wrote: »
    I'd like to see a "no thanks" option, that's visible only to the recipient. It's all well and good knowing who likes or agrees with my posts - I want to know the identities of the cunts who don't.

In this case it's everyone.

• Registered Users Posts: 638 ✭✭✭Estrellita

Firstly, I think the thanks button is abused at times. I use it to agree with a post or if it was genuinely funny. Rather unfortunately you do see the thanks button being used in a clique-ish way or often people brown-nosing mods.

To have a disagree or thumbs down button would give silly people a platform to annoy another poster. You can imagine it.. someone decides they have a problem with you, and from then on any post they see written by you gets a thumbs down.

However, the thanks button means people can say they agree without a heap of posters quoting another to say so, or quoting to say 'ha ha that was funny'. If this wasn't the case I'd say remove all buttons to stop any twattery that goes on with them.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,638 ✭✭✭andekwarhola

alberto67 wrote: »

True.

It's really annoying that there's no other way of disagreeing with somebody's opinion on an internet forum than clicking a button.

• Advertisement

True.

It's really annoying that there's no other way of disagreeing with somebody's opinion on an internet forum than clicking a button.

Unlikely to have a thumb down button... it's seen as "negative reinforcement".

And apparently this has been asked a 1000 times before: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=73690135#post73690135

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 Emperor Qianlong

Thanks, no thanks?

The Thanks option is there so that if you agree with a post you can say thanks, but what if you totally disagree with a post and want to say No Thanks, or I totally disagree, or pants to that?

Other options that should be available ......

Rubbish

Total pants

Claptrap

Never

Brilliant

Superb

Far out

Wicked

Way to go

Your kidding

The dogs

Any other posters agree that there should be options other than Thanks.

Thanks but no thanks

Thanks but no thanks

thumb-down_318-121734.jpg?size=338&ext=jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 41,053 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

So instead of a discussion board you get 50 different poll options on each OP

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,078 ✭✭✭✭LordSutch

So instead of a discussion board you get 50 different poll options on each OP

Currently there a Thank/remove thanks option in small blue writing at the bottom of each post...
    So what I'm saying is 'in addition to 'Thank' why not have a few more options across the bottom of the screen like the ones I've listed?

Opinions and discussion continue as normal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,452 ✭✭✭✭The_Valeyard

Currently there a Thank/remove thanks option in small blue writing at the bottom of each post...
    So what I'm saying is 'in addition to 'Thank' why not have a few more options across the bottom of the screen like the ones I've listed?

Opinions and discussion continue as normal.

I like this idea. They dont even have to be negative. Could be:"thanks, agree, love, etc, etc"

Advertisement