Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Terror attack in Burkina Faso

Options
  • 14-08-2017 7:06am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,568 ✭✭✭

Terrible news overnight from Burkina Faso in what looks like an ongoing operation by Islamic terrorists.

http://www.reuters.com/article/us-burkina-security-idUSKCN1AU00V

One hopes the situation s brought under control and the death toll isn't to heavy. Looks like citizens from a few different nations caught up in the carnage also :(

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 419 ✭✭A Battered Mars Bar

Lord save us and guard us :(

• Registered Users Posts: 952 ✭✭✭hytrogen

When AH becomes your go-to place for breaking news stories, you know journalism isn't real and it's time to go to bed..

• Registered Users Posts: 3,050 ✭✭✭Vic_08

hytrogen wrote: »
    When AH becomes your go-to place for breaking news stories, you know journalism isn't real and it's time to go to bed..

When AH is more reliable and less biased than multi-billion dollar news organisations you know the world is fukked... and it's time to go to bed.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,239 ✭✭✭Sonics2k

Vic_08 wrote: »
    When AH is more reliable and less biased than multi-billion dollar news organisations you know the world is fukked... and it's time to go to bed.

The OP quite literally quoted a link from Reuters, one of the biggest news organisations in the world.

The BBC, Guardian and CNN have all also reported on this.

Before expressing your agenda, at least go on Google for two bloody seconds.

Here, I'll save you the hassle:

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=Terror+attack+in+Burkina+Faso

• Registered Users Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭Richard Hillman

There is a war on every single front of the Islamic world. Europe, the Caucasus, Central/Western/Eastern Africa, Israel, India, Central Asia, China, Indonesia, Burma, even the Philippines. Every single border to another culture.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,568 ✭✭✭BillyBobBS

Not surprised an attack like this is garnering very little or no air time on MSM and indeed on here. I suppose the neo nazi terrorist who drove a car into a white woman killing her the other day is more important because it was in America and attacks in countries with brown people aren't as important.

MSM, applying double standards when it suits an agenda.

BillyBobBS wrote: »
    Not surprised an attack like this is garnering very little or no air time on MSM and indeed on here. I suppose the neo nazi terrorist who drove a car into a white woman killing her the other day is more important because it was in America and attacks in countries with brown people aren't as important.

It's literally all over the news.

Stop. Lying.

Sonics2k wrote: »

Stop. Lying.

Little tit bits here and there, 2-3 minute pieces.

Sky News think big ben stopping chiming for four years is a more important story.

That's the reality.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,995 ✭✭✭Sofiztikated

Little tit bits here and there, 2-3 minute pieces.

Sky News think big ben stopping chiming for four years is a more important story.

That's the reality.

I literally just opened the news tab on Google, without a specified search, and top of the list is BBC, The Guardian, NDTV, CNN, et all covering it.

Who gives a **** what Sky covers, it's still there.

CNN think Taylor Swift is a more newsworthy story.
    http://edition.cnn.com/

The Guardian think New Zealand setting up boot camps for young offenders is a more newsworthy story.
    https://www.theguardian.com/international

It seems brown people getting killed by Islamist terrorists isn't important .

• Advertisement

Both, LITERALLY, have the story above the pagefold.

Both, LITERALLY, have the story above the pagefold.

CNN as i said thought Taylor Swift was more newsworthy on their 12pm news bulletin. I mean it's not nice that someone put their hand up her skirt and that but i would have thought the slaughter of innocent people having dinner in a restaurant by what looks like Islamists would be more important from a news standpoint. Silly me.

You seem more incensed by the fact that people aren't going around screaming "DEM ****ING MOOSLIMS AGAIN!" than the actual act itself.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,165 ✭✭✭Captain Obvious

Sonics2k wrote: »

Stop. Lying.

They can't help it. It's an obsession. You'll notice many of them have been quite silent on the vehicular terrorism in the States. The same people who have said nothing in the thread about a right wing lunatic driving his car through a crowd of people have been prolific posters in threads about muslims doing the same thing.

The Guardian think New Zealand setting up boot camps for young offenders is a more newsworthy story.

I'm trying hard to give you the benefit of the doubt, but it was reported on both those sites, in prominant positions.

Why are you trying to be outraged when there is no need?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,183 ✭✭✭✭Grayson

I read the guardian on my phone every morning. It was near the top of the feed under the headlines section.

I'm trying hard to give you the benefit of the doubt, but it was reported on both those sites, in prominant positions.

Why are you trying to be outraged when there is no need?

Just think the double standards are disgusting. 18 brown coloured people die in terror attack = next to no coverage.

One white person dies on terror attack in the US = 24/7 coverage.

All lives should matter.

Just think the double standards are disgusting. 18 brown coloured people die in terror attack = next to no coverage.

All lives should matter.

At this point I'm fairly sure you're trolling, or insane.

You have been provided with the absolute facts and evidence that dispute your claim, and yet you insist it doesn't exist.

All lives should matter.

Be honest, did you even know it existed before today?

Oh, and it was 1 dead, and 19 injured by a fuckwit Klan member, in a place that been teetering around violence, especially racially motivated violence for a long time.

Stop lying to everyone, especially yourself.

• Registered Users Posts: 41,053 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

All lives should matter.

What?
    It has been covered by BBC, The Guardian, The Daily Mail, Al Jazeera, Reuters, RTE, New York Times, Washington Post, Sydney Morning Herald, Toronto Sun, The Telegraph, Sky News, Deutsche Welle and many others

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Advertisement

What?
    It has been covered by BBC, The Guardian, The Daily Mail, Al Jazeera, Reuters, RTE, New York Times, Washington Post, Sydney Morning Herald, Toronto Sun, The Telegraph, Sky News, Deutsche Welle and many others

Tiny coverage, hardly anything. The MSM are racist and don't care about coloured folk from poorer countries and we all know it. Anyway R.I.P to all the victims of this latest Islamist attack.

• Registered Users Posts: 41,053 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

Tiny coverage, hardly anything. The MSM are racist and don't care about coloured folk from poorer countries and we all know it. Anyway R.I.P to all the victims of this latest Islamist attack.

Right so. Despite the evidence from numerous posters pointing out where you are wrong you still assert you are right. Did you get lessons from Sean Spicer?

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

Right so. Despite the evidence from numerous posters pointing out where you are wrong you still assert you are right. Did you get lessons from Sean Spicer?

Amazing you didn't even mention a R.I.P to the victims more concerned with twisting facts. I guess if the deceased where white Europeans you'd be more concerned. Measure of yourself tbh

Amazing you didn't even mention a R.I.P to the victims more concerned with twisting facts. I guess if the deceased where white Europeans you'd be more concerned. Measure of yourself tbh

dickhead

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭FizzleSticks

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,299 ✭✭✭✭The Backwards Man

Hundreds killed in Sierra Leone today, but it wasn't Muslims what did it, no thread.

That's the world we live in

• Registered Users Posts: 19,264 ✭✭✭✭Donald Trump

So are you trying to tell us that Taylor Swift was somehow involved in this incident?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,417 ✭✭✭WinnyThePoo

Stop hitting yourself in the face op. It isn't good for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,848 ✭✭✭✭Dohnjoe

It's to do with how newsworthy the story is

If a terrorist attack happens in some far-away country we simply aren't as interested

As horrendous as it is, there is little public interest in this attack, however most major media outlets have still dutifully reported and covered it

• Advertisement
Advertisement