Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Heating system Tripping

Options
  • 13-08-2017 3:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭

Hello all,
    My heating system keeps tripping , its a economy 7 night storage setup with a Horstmann timer, the trip goes down most times and I push it back up but sometimes it trips and it does not go down then I push it down and up and system is back on.

Any Ideas what could be causing the problem ?
    Thanks
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,422 ✭✭✭Avns1s

Failing Immersion Element.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,986 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

Could also be a dodgy trip switch. An electrician will be able test both

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭katy39

Found the problem , water in they inside of the cap and on the wiring of the immersion heater and has stopped working, think it will have to be replaced but there doesn't seem to be a drain valve on tank?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,986 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

Very few cylinders have a drain off. Most times you have to siphon the water out. It won't be a big issue for your plumber

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,565 Mod ✭✭✭✭2011

katy39 wrote: »
    Found the problem , water in they inside of the cap and on the wiring of the immersion heater and has stopped working, think it will have to be replaced but there doesn't seem to be a drain valve on tank?

If the immersion is installed in the top of the tank (most are this way) draining is not required. All you have to do is turn off the water feeding the tank.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭katy39

Sorry its the one on the bottom as luck would have it.:(

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,565 Mod ✭✭✭✭2011

katy39 wrote: »
    Sorry its the one on the bottom as luck would have it.:(

I would call a plumber :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,422 ✭✭✭Avns1s

2011 wrote: »
    I would call a plumber :)

And change both immersions. The top one (or the one nearer the top wont be a million miles behind!!

Advertisement