Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Samsung s8 or One plus 5

Options
  • 13-08-2017 1:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Hi all,

I'll be heading abroad for work soon and I'm trying to get set up with a good phone before I leave. Trying to decide between the One plus 5 and the Samsung S8.

s8 is 570 euro for the 64gb from Amazon Italy.

Plus 5 would be 550 euro for the 128GB.

S8 is the more well-known name, maybe better for resale. Plus 5 seems to have more under the hood.

Any opinions?

Thanks, J.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 48 BatMaths

S8 is way better. Better display, camera, build quality, more features. It also has better resale value, you can pick one up on adverts for about 550 sealed and unlocked.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,208 ✭✭✭Cotts72

BatMaths wrote: »
    S8 is way better. Better display, camera, build quality, more features. It also has better resale value, you can pick one up on adverts for about 550 sealed and unlocked.

Was in the same boat as you recently trying to decide between the same 2 phones... Went with the s8 plus and haven't looked back, quality phone

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,054 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

Does the S8 have dual sim actually? Could be useful if you're abroad and want to retain your irish number.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,353 ✭✭✭coldfire1x

You can buy dual sim version from sites like euglobal etc. Not available locally.

I find dual sim very handy. Cant go back to single sim phones now.

Advertisement