Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The new lightweight gas cylinders

Options
  • 13-08-2017 8:14am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,490 ✭✭✭

I see that at last we are getting the lightweight non metal gas cylinders. Flogas are offering them online (courier delivery!) and in a fair number of shops, eg many farmers co-ops. They are using the name "Gaslight" which is the same name as BP use in UK.

There's some special deals for ICCC and CampingNI members.

They look the same as the UK ones and ones I see in French supermarkets. But what is not clear is if the adapters are the same. Would be excellent if they were throughout Europe.

By the way they seem to be Propane only, 5kg and 10kg. You can see how much is left as there's a transparent window.

Calor don't have them, at least not yet, and nothing on their website.

As they are made from some polymer they don't rust (that should be of interest to folks who use them on boats, kept on deck) and apparently are less likely to explode than metal ones in a fire.

My interest in then is to replace the outrageously expensive CampingGaz 907 in my VW T4 California.

Anybody know the nitty gritty about these? Connectors/adapters/regulators, using propane on cookers set up for butane, the legality of changing gas supplies yourself etc.?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭gally74

just bough one of the heaver type in England... but these look very nice, just found it on line,

https://www.flogas.ie/shop/gaslight/gaslight-cylinder-5kg

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭Cannon_fodder

gally74 wrote: »
    just bough one of the heaver type in England... but these look very nice, just found it on line,

https://www.flogas.ie/shop/gaslight/gaslight-cylinder-5kg

10€ courier delivery, can I call into a flo gas stockist and get the deal? If I want a 5kg how much to get cylinder and gas?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,906 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

UK use different fittings depending on which gas they have.

UK Butane fitting is the same as the Irish Propane fitting,

UK Propane fitting is a POL fitting which isn't in common use here.

Those lightweight cyl are here already, There is a crowd in Kerry that sell them. Mceoins or something like that.

Advertisement