Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Huawei Y5ii screen replacement issue

Options
  • 13-08-2017 12:00am
    Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭

hi all

Hope this is the right forum for this, if not maybe someone could point me in the right direction, anyways, my son has an huawei Y5ii that he rightly damaged the screen on. I've gotten a replacement screen, lcd and digitizer. I've replaced the screen and since the phone has started heating up like mad along the main board of the phone, as in within seconds of trying to turn it on it starts to heat up, Ive attached a picture of where the phone starts to heat up if it helps. Ive had all the connecting ribbons installed correctly as far as i can tell.

i have been able to see a faint huawei name followed by the 3.ie logo but after this the phone gives a message saying 'battery is empty and phone will shut down in 30 seconds'. the battery is charged, ive tried it in another phone and the other phone powers up no problem, ive put the battery from that phone into the one i replaced the screen on and still having the same issue.

This doesnt always happen though, for the better part the phone will vibrate as if to start up but goes no further than heating up alot and thats it. If anyone would have any ideas/suggestions on how i can fix this it would be great, my son was getting excited about getting his phone back working again :(

before replacing the screen the phone would turn on no problem and you could use the phone but with the shards of the glass from the screen being so small i just wanted to replace it for him. this isnt the first time ive replaced a smart phone screen, ive had to do a couple of the oneplus phones but have never ran into this trouble.

any help is greatly appreciated by one frustrated dad...

thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 36,165 ✭✭✭✭ED E

That battery should be flat/smooth. The fact that it isnt says its damaged/been shorted. You need to replace it.

If it explodes it'll be a rather violent ball of flame so dont test it further.

• Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭CraigM84

the battery is not installed in that picture, thats the sticker under the battery that i pulled off to get the ribbon cable out

• Registered Users Posts: 36,165 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Ooops, it shows its after midnight :pac:

Is the lower screw mount discoloured?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,988 ✭✭✭jacksie66

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭CraigM84

yeah it was bought on ebay from a store in Dublin. i had a look at the connection that is heating up under a magnifying lens and there is a slight difference in length on the contacts, the original screen is ever so slightly longer than the new screen contacts :(

• Advertisement
Advertisement