Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RESULTS NIGHT NOT 18

Options
  • 12-08-2017 9:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭

Okay, so I turn 18 about 3 weeks after the results come out, but I still want to go out for results night (who doesn't lol). Thing is though I don't have ID. I have a provisional licence but it has my actual date of birth on it.

For people who went out previous years, are they more lenient with ID on results night, or should I just not bother going out at all? I have some irrational fear of getting turned away for being underage. Would love to hear the experiences of people who have been in my situation, or anyone who goes out frequently.

Thank you so much in advance

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 97 ✭✭user53

Mldj wrote: »
    Okay, so I turn 18 about 3 weeks after the results come out, but I still want to go out for results night (who doesn't lol). Thing is though I don't have ID. I have a provisional licence but it has my actual date of birth on it.

For people who went out previous years, are they more lenient with ID on results night, or should I just not bother going out at all? I have some irrational fear of getting turned away for being underage. Would love to hear the experiences of people who have been in my situation, or anyone who goes out frequently.

Thank you so much in advance

<snipped> generally they wouldn't be lenient with the age part <snipped>

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 29,509 Mod ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

Forbidden topics of discussion

We unfortunately do sometimes find ourselves with a problem regarding some issues and no amount of warnings or requests to keep things civil in relation to certain issues have worked, so we simply don’t allow discussion or posting pictures of these things. The list below is by no means set in stone, we can add things to this as time goes by, so it may be no harm to check up on it every few months to see if it’s changed.

-
    -
    -
    - How to do illegal things (this ranges from software piracy, to swindling the Revenue Commissioners)
    -
    -
    -
    -
    link

Advice on how to get around the law is prohibited on this site! :p

OP, from hearsay, they tend to be more vigilant re: ID on results night, not more lenient.

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭Mldj

Im sorry I didnt mean to break the rules :(( wont happen again

Mldj wrote: »
    Im sorry I didnt mean to break the rules :(( wont happen again
    YOU didn't, midj! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,063 ✭✭✭Miaireland

They will probably be stricter the night of the results than most other nights exactly because they will be so many people in your situation. Not much you can do I am.afraid.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭Ponguin

Unless <snipped> I'd say just chance ur arm and go out anyway lol, if you don't get in what harm, just spend the night in supermacs :))

*sigh*

Im just going to go out, and if I dont get in I'll have some mild legal banter watching netflix in the comfort of my own home

• Registered Users Posts: 30,276 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Being perfectly honest with you it depends on what part of the country your in. Take for instance in my local town there are often 16/17 year old's out on any Saturday night. Same with grads mass/results night. What is your area like regarding getting served?
    However you'd find it a lot harder to get severed in a city/a supermarket.

• Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭Mr Rhode Island Red

Up your flirt game with any bouncers you encounter.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 484 ✭✭jeanjolie

Where would these places be?

• Registered Users Posts: 30,276 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

jeanjolie wrote: »
    Where would these places be?

To be perfectly honest you need to know your local bars/clubs and they have to some knowledge of you as well.

Thanks to everyone who responded, I got in in the end

Advertisement