Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Solid Cardboard

Options
  • 12-08-2017 1:31pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 21

Anyone know where to buy solid cardboard? Preferably in Dublin, though online would do as well. By solid cardboard, I mean the stuff that hardback books are made with. I can't find any online that isn't in a massive bundle, maybe it goes by another name?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

I always called them rigid boxes.

Depends on size, you can buy wedding dress boxes or Christening gown boxes that are about 2 foot long.

Hallmark do a range of gift boxes, if not in stock, some stockists can order them for you.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,451 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

I think the op is looking for the actual cardboard (perhaps in sheets?), not boxes made out if it.

If you have already tried Easons, Reads (assuming they're still there) and the various arts and crafts shops, the only other thing I could think of is asking a framing place if they have any that they'd be willing to sell you (they have mounting boards, they might very well have that cardboard, too), or they should at least be able to give you the contact details of their suppliers. You can also find it online without too much hassle, but depending on the size of the sheet you need it may be expensive to ship.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,451 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

If you're really stuck, you could also try ringing the National Library (or possibly even the National Museum) - there used to be someone there who bound and restored books, and they could probably tell you where they get their supplies.

EDIT: See also Amazon, for example.

EDIT II: It seems it's called greyboard, and its thickness varies.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,108 ✭✭✭Jellybaby1

I used to get card / board at Evans years ago. They're still there, just off Capel Street: http://store.evansartsupplies.ie/store/

Advertisement