Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Repainting a door!

Options
  • 11-08-2017 9:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11

Hi folks,

We painted our front door with gloss paint and it has drips all over the place. We looked online and understand you have to scrape drips off and re sand the door before painting again.

Only problem is the paint is still wet underneath even though it's touch dry. It's been two days.

Do I have to wait until the paint is cured before redoing the door?

Any tips would be much appreciated!

Thank you!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,167 ✭✭✭Fr_Dougal

You're better off waiting until it has dried properly, otherwise when you go to sand you'll have a bit of a mess and might remove too much paint along with the paint turning into a gooey mess on your door.

It's much easier to sand dry paint.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 LR55

Fr Douglas-cheers-I was thinking the same thing myself-I'll leave it well alone!

Thank you
    LR55 wrote: »
    Hi folks,

We painted our front door with gloss paint and it has drips all over the place. We looked online and understand you have to scrape drips off and re sand the door before painting again.

Only problem is the paint is still wet underneath even though it's touch dry. It's been two days.

Do I have to wait until the paint is cured before redoing the door?

Any tips would be much appreciated!

Thank you!

Advertisement