Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Phone locked to UK sim

Options
  • 11-08-2017 12:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭

Hi I have my IPhone which I purchased in a UK carphone warehose. Outright it was not part of a package. To my knowledge It was not tied to a network and I ended up switching my number to a provided called gifgaff.

I came home in the begining of this year just expecting to put my irish sim in and it would work..

after endless back and forth I found I eventually gave up on this..I have a new iPhone and am on contract but would like to be able to use this phone or give it to someone as I can even sell it as it is locked

has anybody any similar issues previously? and how did you resolve this as I lost patience back and forth with carphone and three...

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 The Omen II

YOU MEAN IT WOULDN'T WORK?

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

The Iphone 6 is only unlocked if bought directly from Apple

If you buy it from O2 it will be locked to O2

If you purchased the directly from Apple through either one of their own stores or the Apple Store website it will be fully unlocked and remain so permanently.

If you purchase through a network or other mobile phone retailer it will either already be locked or will lock to the network of the first sim that is used.

This is a stupid setup unique to Apple.

Advertisement