Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chicken style pieces

Options
  • 11-08-2017 12:10am
    Registered Users Posts: 6,198 ✭✭✭

I picked up a bag of them in Aldi the other day, their main redeeming feature being that they're very quick and easy to cook but this doesn't make up for the fact that they tasted like a soggy biscuit dipped in weak tea. Actually that description is way too generous, it's the closest I have come to tasting nothing. Even a glass of water or a slice of plain white bread has more flavour.

Still I'm not against the concept of chicken style pieces as there isn't the same need to properly cook them as with real chicken and the posher ones that don't come from Aldi taste better to the point they could even be considered edible. Maybe an evangelical vegetarian tried to get you to eat them once. Maybe said vegetarian even tried to pass them off for real chicken not that it would work for more than a few millisecond, either way, let us know what you make of these newfangled chicken style pieces

Comments

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,316 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

Chicken style pieces of what?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,782 ✭✭✭KungPao

They are tasteless lumps. Quorn nuggets are more realistic.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,439 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Chicken style pieces of what?

Soya, potato, stuff like that. Kinda like Quorn.

• Registered Users Posts: 925 ✭✭✭rekluse

Cooking a bit of normal chicken hardly requires Michelin star culinary ability.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 mittel

chicken is the worst meat you can eat, antibiotics, water, eostrogen, ketamine,

say no to the chemical bird

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,198 ✭✭✭Ubbquittious

mittel wrote: »
    chicken is the worst meat you can eat, antibiotics, water, eostrogen, ketamine,

say no to the chemical bird

Ketamine?!

Jaysus I'm off to get meself a snackbox

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,453 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shenshen

I'm not a fan of them, but I know one person who does prefer them to actual chicken. She does eat meat, so for her it is a taste thing.

About the only meat-substitutes I would regularly eat these days would be the sausages. I don't see the need for any of the other stuff.

Advertisement