Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

18 Volt Battery Makita Circular saw

Options
  • 10-08-2017 10:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Hi all!

I am having a problem with my BSS611 model makita circular saw.  My problem is that it is not starting! At first it was on and off.  I was making a cut and it worked fine then went to make another and it turned on for less then a second and then it turned off and didn't start.  The next day I took it apart didn't find anything put it back together and it worked!  But only short term, for a couple of days.  Now it doesn't work at all.  I looked into what it could possibly be and I thought for sure that it was the switch.  So I ordered a switch and a new pare of brushes because mine were getting worn down.  I put in theses parts and it still doesn't work!  When you put your ear near the motor while trying to start it, it sounds like it is trying to start but something is preventing it.  I took the whole thing apart and I can turn the  system by hand so it seems like nothing is jamming it.  I am really at a loss of what the problem is.  Could it be that the electric break is malfunctioning?  Preventing it from starting.  Thanks in advance for any leads!  :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,999 ✭✭✭✭Johnboy1951

Are the battery connections solid and clean etc?

Is the battery good?

• Registered Users Posts: 3 mikejhanover

The battery is good as I tried other batteries and have since used the first battery successfully on other tools.  Could there be a receiving problem on the terminal on the saw?

Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,999 ✭✭✭✭Johnboy1951

I don't know about the brake, sorry.

I wonder if there could be a build up of dirt/brush particles/other where the brushes connect to the motor, preventing good contact?

• Registered Users Posts: 3 mikejhanover

No problem!  Thanks for the suggestion.   I will do another look over to see if I missed anything.  Thanks for your help!

If it runs after you "push start" the blade by hand then I'd suspect a motor start capacitor.
    Otherwise check the switch for resistance / operation / voltage.

• Advertisement
Advertisement