Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

48 network

Options
  • 10-08-2017 7:59pm

I see lots of old threads on the 48 network packages etc. I wonder can anyone give some current feedback if they use or used the 48 network for their phone? I am trying to cut expenses and this is my next area to target as I am currently spending €30-40 a month with my current network. I use a lot of data and the €15 package has unlimited data. Any feedback appreciated. Thank you.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20 gibbers07

Have you considered ID Network. They allow you to tailor the monthly SIM only package to match yr general usage. They piggy-back off O2 so coverage etc is really solid. I've been with them for a fair while and can't fault them. Their rates are low but ontop of that they offer a deal (appears to be ever running) where they provide a further 50% reduction on the bill for the first 6 months.
    I did look at 48 ages ago when I was looking to get a new operator and they just seemed to have too many disgruntled customers posting on forums.
    So I opted for ID Network and then I intermittently swap over to Virgin Media if they happen to be doin a decent SIM only reduction for a few months. Then I usually go back to ID Network. A toss-up for me which is cheaper for SIM Only. Probably ID. Their options match my usage perfectly anyhow. And their coverage and cost is 100%

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭bobgaf

Dixons/CPW are looking to offload ID Mobile ( Irish Times Thu, Jun 29, 2017 ). I would say the best value deals are on Tesco Mobile ( also on the 3 network ) if you can put up with the foibles of their customer service ( see Talk to section of Boards to get a sense of TM ). If you shop in Tesco and have a Clubcard, they make sense from a value perspective. Also consider SIM-only plans from Meteor and Vodafone. Generally, SIM-only options present the better value options.

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭din0saur

Have been using 48's €10 entry level plan for years and it's great, does what it says on the tin!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,419 ✭✭✭jamesd

I was with 48 for 2 years, one thing with them is if you have an issue there support is next to non existent and also quiet rude.
    I would look at Tesco mobile - they do a better value €15 pack with 10GB internet , 10000 texts and 10000 call minutes.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,639 ✭✭✭corks finest

jamesd wrote: »
    I was with 48 for 2 years, one thing with them is if you have an issue there support is next to non existent and also quiet rude.
    I would look at Tesco mobile - they do a better value €15 pack with 10GB internet , 10000 texts and 10000 call minutes.
    Yep, with Tesco,no issues

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,836 ✭✭✭redarmy

with 48 for 4 years ..never a problem

• Closed Accounts Posts: 53 ✭✭whiskeygirl

Me and the brother and sister have been on 48's €10 a month plan for years. Great value and never any hassle. Never had any need to contact customer service as all info you need for setting up data connection when you join (only reason I could possibly see for needing to contact them) is on their website. Just top up every month and that's that.

I'd be wary of Tesco, here's why:

http://www.boards.ie/ttfthread/2057590673/1#post99534558

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭neveah123

I have been with them since they started, I get the 10E deal, 1gb of data suits me, but if I use it up I just buy another gb for 3E. You get 60 minutes landline, free WhatsApp, calls & texts... I think they're great. Highly recommend them. Never had any issue with network signal.. any other issues I've had have been dealt with swiftly online. Very handy & so affordable.

Advertisement