Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Benefits of quitting meat

Options
  • 10-08-2017 3:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭

I want to transition onto a plant based diet. I have gained weight and also suffer from periodic attacks of gout. I would like to give a plant based diet, but cutting meat and dairy and see how I respond in terms of inflammation. Also, I have noted thinning hair which is seemingly linked with higher uric acid.

I was wondering if you have seen considerable health benefits from being vegetarian. Online as always there are a myriad of conflicting theories. Also can you recommend a decent plant based cook book?

Thanks,

R

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 Heisenbug

Better off posting over on Reddit. Huge userbase there and you'll get a good answer.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,090 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

riddles wrote: »
    I want to transition onto a plant based diet. I have gained weight and also suffer from periodic attacks of gout. I would like to give a plant based diet, but cutting meat and dairy and see how I respond in terms of inflammation. Also, I have noted thinning hair which is seemingly linked with higher uric acid.

I was wondering if you have seen considerable health benefits from being vegetarian. Online as always there are a myriad of conflicting theories. Also can you recommend a decent plant based cook book?

Thanks,

R

Just make sure you do a bit of research of what vitamins you need and what foods to get them from, it's easy enough then. As the user above said, reddit is great, this place is great for info https://www.reddit.com/r/vegan/

here are some recipes with gifs! https://www.reddit.com/r/veganrecipes/

Advertisement