Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

'Private' Facebook likes on public posts?

Options
  • 09-08-2017 11:26pm

Hi all,

I entered a Facebook competition recently in which the winner was to be decided by whoever had the most likes on their entry in a public album on the promoter's public Facebook page. At the end of the contest I had the most likes on my entry but the promoter declared another entry the winner saying that their page insights feature allows them to see likes that have been set as private that the public can't see, and on this basis the other entry apparently had more likes than mine.

As far as I can tell from trawling through all the privacy settings on Facebook, and by googling, this isn't possible? By my understanding if you like a public post your like is visible to all because the post itself is public.

Basically, I think they're feeding me complete BS and I'm trying to dispute it with them, not because I'm annoyed I lost but because I think they're lying to me!

Just hoping to get some confirmation that my suspicions are correct because I don't know how long it'll take to get an answer on the Facebook community forum!

Advertisement