Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking for cheap petrol pole saw

Options
  • 09-08-2017 10:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 458 ✭✭

have a lot of low hanging branches to cut (up to maybe 10ft off the ground), as well as high hedges that routinely need cutting, so would need a hedgecutter attachment too. Been getting away with it for years just using a ladder or standing in a trailer but having the right tool would make life a lot easier. had a quick look and stuff seems to be very pricey. cant be electric as too far away from a power source. It's something that'd be used maybe once every 2 weeks. anyone any recomendations?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25 paddyte20

I just bought one in either Lidl or Aldi a month ago. Chainsaw head hedge cutter and strimmer. You couldn't go wrong for €159! With a 3 year warranty. If you try they might have some in the store not sold.

• Registered Users Posts: 426 ✭✭rushvalley

paddyte20 wrote: »
    I just bought one in either Lidl or Aldi a month ago. Chainsaw head hedge cutter and strimmer. You couldn't go wrong for €159! With a 3 year warranty. If you try they might have some in the store not sold.

have you any trouble with the screws for tightening the attachments together coming loose?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,057 ✭✭✭bogman_bass

I got a Texan strimmer/polesaw from Southern Machinary outside Naas. Cant remember the price but they were way cheaper than anything else and it has the best 2 stroke engine out of anything I've owned

• Registered Users Posts: 25 paddyte20

No Problem with the screws coming loose as i haven't used it yet.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 426 ✭✭rushvalley

paddyte20 wrote: »
    No Problem with the screws coming loose as i haven't used it yet.:)

The nuts loosen on mine when using the chainsaw attachment and now the threads on the screws are damaged from vibrating off the bracket they're in.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 152 ✭✭Karangue

I have a Ryobi one, the pole saw part is brand new never used. It's a split shaft so you can attach strimmer and other attachements. Got it as a present, I'd sell it.

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭pakie ed

Pole saw in Lidl foe 149 euros plus attachments. Should I buy.

Advertisement