Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Re connecting OFCH

Options
  • 09-08-2017 6:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Hello everybody
    I am still house hunting but I came accross a property which sounds like a good investment. Other than the usual (new flooring, painting walls,...) the issue with the house is that the previous owner disconnected the heating system, ie the rads are there and all the plumbing is done but there's no burner and no tank. Has anyone else been in a similar situation? How much would it cost to have the ofch conoleted and running?
    Appreciate any advice :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,740 ✭✭✭✭Dtp1979

LilianMacA wrote: »
    Hello everybody
    I am still house hunting but I came accross a property which sounds like a good investment. Other than the usual (new flooring, painting walls,...) the issue with the house is that the previous owner disconnected the heating system, ie the rads are there and all the plumbing is done but there's no burner and no tank. Has anyone else been in a similar situation? How much would it cost to have the ofch conoleted and running?
    Appreciate any advice :)

Including a powerflush you'd be looking at around 4K.
    That's assuming it's straight forward and there's no leaks inside etc

• Registered Users Posts: 4 LilianMacA

Dtp1979 wrote: »
    Including a powerflush you'd be looking at around 4K.
    That's assuming it's straight forward and there's no leaks inside etc

Thanks Dpt1979, didn't think it would be that much, am I nuts or is that nearly the price for a whole new systems?!!
    Thanks for your insight anyway, I definitely need to give it a good thinking then...

• Registered Users Posts: 12,740 ✭✭✭✭Dtp1979

LilianMacA wrote: »
    Thanks Dpt1979, didn't think it would be that much, am I nuts or is that nearly the price for a whole new systems?!!
    Thanks for your insight anyway, I definitely need to give it a good thinking then...

A good boiler, new bunded oil tank, powerflush, fittings, piping, wiring, commissioning and labour. It won't be long adding up

Advertisement