Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DCi Fuel card

Options
  • 09-08-2017 12:43pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,196 ✭✭✭

Can anyone advise me on this please?

It appears they charge more for using it.

I have a topaz fuel card also and always get discounts.

I had to use the DCi card once as I wasn't near a topaz.

Bought 10 Euro worth of petrol and I've been charged 11.63.

Not the end of the world over the 1.63 but why charge extra?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,378 ✭✭✭CeilingFly

DCI are well known for this. You have to watch your weekly rate very carefully. they sneak it up bit by bit hoping you won't notice.

They claim they are "best value" - but say that when compared to other fleet cards.

Chuck it in the bin.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

Nope - that's how they lure you in and then gradually they increase the price. If you donlt watch it, it can end up being 20-25c per litre ABOVE the pump price. + €30 a year card fee.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,746 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

The lower of pump or rate deals ended years ago, Statoil as-was cards stopped in 2009 or so.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,196 ✭✭✭boardsuser1

This is what lured me in. I was sick of having to go to Topaz only stations when, in some cases i could be miles away from one.
    CeilingFly wrote: »
    Nope - that's how they lure you in and then gradually they increase the price. If you donlt watch it, it can end up being 20-25c per litre ABOVE the pump price. + €30 a year card fee.

It seems i'm being charged 20c per litre extra or there abouts.
    The card was used in a Maxol station.

DCi themselves did warn me that if i use the card in any Topaz it will be 3c per litre extra.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,746 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

There were other operators who could use the DCI network, fleetgreen was one a former employer used. Thats a potential path to investigate

L1011 wrote: »
    There were other operators who could use the DCI network, fleetgreen was one a former employer used. Thats a potential path to investigate

I'll definitely be looking into something else as a backup.

The topaz card is a godsend when near one of their stations, Amber,Maxol or Texaco will probably be others to consider.

Some companies won't give them to individuals though.

You need to contact them and request a new rate and ask them to text or email the rate each week.

You need to contact them and request a new rate and ask them to text or email the rate each week.

Since I got the card day 1 I have received no contact whatsoever except for a bill. I'll need to see what the rate is.

It is handy to have but not when it ends up costing extra.

Since I got the card day 1 I have received no contact whatsoever except for a bill. I'll need to see what the rate is.

It is handy to have but not when it ends up costing extra.

Ring them and ask them.

It is quite sneaky how they do it - on the invoice the ex vat figure is prominent. Glancing at it you think this is slightly lower than the pump price, but the pump price includes vat.

So unless you get the fleet price and watch it, you end up paying about 20% too much

• Advertisement

Ring them and ask them.

It is quite sneaky how they do it - on the invoice the ex vat figure is prominent. Glancing at it you think this is slightly lower than the pump price, but the pump price includes vat.

So unless you get the fleet price and watch it, you end up paying about 20% too much

Here is a partial screenshot of the invoice from a tenner worth of petrol

Here is a partial screenshot of the invoice from a tenner worth of petrol

that's the sneaky aprt CPL (cost per litre) 123.75 - you think that's slightly cheapr than the pump, but you donl;t relaise that the 123.75 is exclusive of vat.

The vat inclusive per litre price is not mentioned anywhere.

Hence you have to watch it.

that's the sneaky aprt CPL (cost per litre) 123.75 - you think that's slightly cheapr than the pump, but you donl;t relaise that the 123.75 is exclusive of vat.

The vat inclusive per litre price is not mentioned anywhere.

Hence you have to watch it.

The extra VAT seems to be what's fcuking it up. :mad:

The extra VAT seems to be what's fcuking it up. :mad:

it not extra vat - they sneakily raise prices to a level that their vat exclusive price is a little lower than the normal vat inclusive price making you think that the price is lower.

So they are making an additional profit of about 20c per litre on card holders that don't look carefully at their invoices.

My price from DCI this week is 94.7 + vat for diesel.

But if you call them and get th fleet price and get them to text you the price and use it more often, then its handy for the vat receipts for reclaiming vat on diesel.

In my experience they'll change the price immediately

it not extra vat - they sneakily raise prices to a level that their vat exclusive price is a little lower than the normal vat inclusive price making you think that the price is lower.

So they are making an additional profit of about 20c per litre on card holders that don't look carefully at their invoices.

My price from DCI this week is 94.7 + vat for diesel.

But if you call them and get th fleet price and get them to text you the price and use it more often, then its handy for the vat receipts for reclaiming vat on diesel.

In my experience they'll change the price immediately

Just off the phone from them. I'll get the fixed price by email tomorrow,hopefully it makes financial sense.

Just received my weekly price. Does 92.9 cent per litre sound about right even if ex VAT?

Just received my weekly price. Does 92.9 cent per litre sound about right even if ex VAT?

Yep - that's a very good price

Yep - that's a very good price

Thank god :D

Seriously considering canceling this card.

The last drop of diesel i got was €25 at the pump.

The bill due tomorrow is €24.99

No point having it for the sake of 0.01c saving.

Back to the good old reliable Topaz Fuel Card.

Seriously considering canceling this card.

The last drop of diesel i got was €25 at the pump.

The bill due tomorrow is €24.99

No point having it for the sake of 0.01c saving.

Back to the good old reliable Topaz Fuel Card.

I don't mind paying same price as pump as its extremely handy for vat rebate instead of keeping receipts.

But if I didn't need the vat calculation I wouldn't bother with it

• Advertisement

I don't mind paying same price as pump as its extremely handy for vat rebate instead of keeping receipts.

But if I didn't need the vat calculation I wouldn't bother with it

Yeah I get none of that so it doesn’t make a blind bit of difference to me.

Do the VAT receipts have to be in the name of the person that is VAT registered?

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Zetor man

DCI, they are as sneaky as a snake.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Zetor man

Zetor man wrote: »
    DCI, they are as sneaky as a snake.

They increase it weekly whether or not diesel price have increased.They don't buy diesel any cheaper than you can buy it for but once you use your card on a continuous basis they will increase on a continous basis .They have no shame even if it 20c per ltr dearer that your local station.

Zetor man wrote: »
    They increase it weekly whether or not diesel price have increased.They don't buy diesel any cheaper than you can buy it for but once you use your card on a continuous basis they will increase on a continous basis .They have no shame even if it 20c per ltr dearer that your local station.

Yep, and you have to watch them like hawks and call them every few months to get them to drop the price.

Pain in the arse.

Advertisement