Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mouth breathers

Options
  • 09-08-2017 12:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,271 ✭✭✭

Have mouth breathers no shame? Do they not hear themselves, or is it that they just don't care?

Working in a different office today and there is a mouth breather sitting waiting for an interview. It is so bad, I thought he had fallen asleep, but no, just sitting there with his mouth open, merrily
    turning the stomachs of those around him..

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 610 ✭✭✭Redser87

I thought this was a Stranger Things reference :( but yes, very annoying.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,283 ✭✭✭...And Justice

annascott wrote: »
    Have mouth breathers no shame? Do they not hear themselves, or is it that they just don't care?

Working in a different office today and there is a mouth breather sitting waiting for an interview. It is so bad, I thought he had fallen asleep, but no, just sitting there with his mouth open, merrily
    turning the stomachs of those around him..

Better than breathing through his arse

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,452 ✭✭✭✭The_Valeyard

I think the nose whiners are worse than the mouth breathers. Sounds like a wasp snorting cocaine.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

They could have a blocked nose OP.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,400 ✭✭✭me_irl

Would you say this is something that annoys you trivially, OP?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,647 ✭✭✭lazybones32

I've seen this used as a derogatory phrase before - to imply that one has lower intelligence if they breathe through their mouth.

I've had my nose broken 2or 3 times (playing sport) and my septum is so twisted and deviated that i cannot inhale or exhale properly through my left nostril. I can't get enough air by breathing through my nostril.
    I can't afford surgery to repair it, so i apologise to you OP that my need for air irritates you. And that is a sincere apology.😂

• Registered Users Posts: 4,891 ✭✭✭gifted

Probably uses his eyes to see as well.......

• Registered Users Posts: 2,166 ✭✭✭Are Am Eye

The hearing in my right ear is marginally better than that of my left ear.
    I always put a phone to my right ear. I would say generally I do a higher percentage of my hearing through my right ear.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,535 ✭✭✭blue note

I suffer from hayfever and occasionally breathe through my mouth. I can assure you however annoying it is for you it's worse for me!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,070 ✭✭✭LadyMacBeth_

Have CF here, can't walk around and breathe through my nose, I can't get enough air in for my shyte lungs. My nose is fecked due to CF as well, years of infections, operations and chronic sinusitis. So yeah, I am a mouth breather, don't have much sympathy for you OP.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

He should have gills.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,695 ✭✭✭gizmo81

Ever think that there could be a medical reason for this?

These include:

nasal congestion caused by allergies, a cold, or a sinus infection
    enlarged adenoids
    enlarged tonsils
    deviated septum
    nasal polyps, or benign growths of tissue in the lining of your nose
    enlarged turbinates
    the shape of the nose
    the shape and size of the jaw
    obstructive sleep apnea, a medical condition in which breathing stops involuntarily for brief periods of time during sleep
    tumors (rare)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,057 ✭✭✭.......

This post has been deleted.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 91,053 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

Are Am Eye wrote: »
    The hearing in my right ear is marginally better than that of my left ear.
    I always put a phone to my right ear. I would say generally I do a higher percentage of my hearing through my right ear.
    I know two people who are completely deaf in one ear because of mumps and scarlet fever.

This is why it's important to vaccinate.

(not the same ear)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,535 ✭✭✭blue note

I know two people who are completely deaf in one ear because of mumps and scarlet fever.

This is why it's important to vaccinate.

Are they autistic though?

Advertisement