Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

VW Camper in need of love

Options
  • 09-08-2017 11:44am
    Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭

My dad has an old VW camper sitting in our garage for the last ten years. I think it's a Bay Window, with an expandable roof.

I'd love to get it renovated - I think it might need a bit of work done to the engine, or perhaps a new one. The vehicle itself is in good nick & my dad completely repainted it a few years ago.

Just wondering where to start with this, or if anyone knows of mechanics or people that specialize with these? We are based on the border, so somewhere nearish there would be a good starting point.

Thanks!

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 5,067 Mod ✭✭✭✭kadman

My dad has an old VW camper sitting in our garage for the last ten years. I think it's a Bay Window, with an expandable roof.

I'd love to get it renovated - I think it might need a bit of work done to the engine, or perhaps a new one. The vehicle itself is in good nick & my dad completely repainted it a few years ago.

Just wondering where to start with this, or if anyone knows of mechanics or people that specialize with these? We are based on the border, so somewhere nearish there would be a good starting point.

Thanks!

Start gathering **** loads of money if you are doing it yourself.

And quadruple it , and then some ,if you are paying someone else to do it.

Resto,s on these dont come cheap

Advertisement