Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Facebook Wi-Fi

Options
  • 09-08-2017 11:21am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭

Looking to get this set up so that when a user accesses our wifi they have to check in on facebook first. Does anyone know anyone who knows about this? A certain type router is required and i believe not all the ones recommend by facebook work in ireland. Would be interested in employing someone to get this set up either if its a bridge too far for a lay person. Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 656 ✭✭✭drake70

Hi Bendihorse,

Have a look here: https://www.facebook.com/business/facebook-wifi

• Registered Users Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭Bendihorse

Thanks Drake have been on that page but apparently not all of those routers are set up to work in Ireland so I dont want to end up buying one and it not to work as they are pricy!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,935 ✭✭✭TallGlass

But what if you do not have Facebook?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭Bendihorse

There will be an alternative access point for people who don't have facebook :)

• Registered Users Posts: 36,165 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Bendihorse wrote: »
    Thanks Drake have been on that page but apparently not all of those routers are set up to work in Ireland so I dont want to end up buying one and it not to work as they are pricy!

Pretty much the exact same tech is used here and in the US. The difference is the radio regions which all equipment will let you set.

These wont act as modems, you supply your own and if you're using another CP for non FB customers then you'll be using your own router anyways.

• Advertisement
Advertisement