Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

New Job and TTC

• 08-08-2017 7:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12

As the heading suggests me and my other half are TTC. I'm in my new job which I love with 5 weeks ; I have a six month probation and am wondering what to do.

I am in my late 30's and desperately want a child, I know I'm only in the door but what are people's opinion on this? Should I put my life on hold for another year and keep waiting. I could be trying for ages before it happens or it could happen next week!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,057 ✭✭✭julyjane

Keep TTC. Don't put your life on hold for a job, if you get pregnant they can't dismiss you without reason. You are not required to inform them of your intention to go on maternity leave til 4 weeks before

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭Meathcat7

Exactly as julyjane said, don't put this on hold! I started a new job in January this year and found out in early March that I was pregnant. There was nothing they could do about it, I was protected by the law. They were very good to me and were very good to me when I found out at the end of April that the baby had died.

As a 45 year old woman, time is totally against me so don't wait to do this, get stuck in now!

• Registered Users Posts: 12 sunnyspells7

Meathcat7 wrote: »
    Exactly as julyjane said, don't put this on hold! I started a new job in January this year and found out in early March that I was pregnant. There was nothing they could do about it, I was protected by the law. They were very good to me and were very good to me when I found out at the end of April that the baby had died.

As a 45 year old woman, time is totally against me so don't wait to do this, get stuck in now!

Thanks for coming back to me and sorry to hear about your loss. It puts things into perspective doesn't it. What's important and what isn't

Advertisement