Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

going on holiday to Spain? i will give you a free tenner

Options
  • 08-08-2017 7:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭

I have found some pessatas in an old drawer
    2,733 of them worth €16.42

Having done some research you can still exchange them in a Spanish banks for euros. As I am not going on holidays to Spain in the near future or don't know anyone who is.

My proposition is I will give you my bag of pesetas for €5.

This will give you spending money towards drinks/ sangrias!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,736 ✭✭✭degsie

What weight would the bag be?

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭EASYbeingCHEESY

I have no idea

the coins/notes fit in small moneybag would easily fit in a purse. It is not that heavy

300 grams :)

• Registered Users Posts: 15,868 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

I think you should just get the 46A and give them to a Spanish student. They need it and they can change it.

And you will be their hero.

lol 46a to where Spanish eyes? plus I may get arrested stalking spanish students in town....

I am actually serious this is not a typically piss taking boards.ie thread

• Advertisement

Spanish banks or Spanish Central Bank?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,736 ✭✭✭degsie

ISPCC takes foreign coinage if you are willing to donate.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,363 ✭✭✭✭Del.Monte

And this is all related to Collectables & Antiques how? For all the hassle for €5 would you not be better giving the change to a charity?

I have a collection of old coins. They where in a bag full of old pennys/halfpennys/threppences/old irish moneyetc

I will likely give it to charity but hey ho fiver is a fiver and in this day and age 10 is nothing to be sniffed at.

• Advertisement

I have a collection of old coins. They where in a bag full of old pennys/halfpennys/threppences/old irish moneyetc

I will likely give it to charity but hey ho fiver is a fiver and in this day and age 10 is nothing to be sniffed at.

So it's the Central bank of Spain. ;)

Calle de Alcal48, 28014 Madrid, Spain

Anyone going to Madrid?

I was going off the article that said 'branches' but your probably right :P

I was going off the article that said 'branches' but your probably right :P

Ah look, most countries Central bank accept pre-euro currencies up until about 2020 or so.

It's not really a retro thing but might be a collector item thing but look someone might PM you here if they're interested.

Good luck with it and if you can't get rid of them sure they'll be something to hand to the grandkids :P

• Registered Users Posts: 2,538 ✭✭✭sunny2004

I'm LOST for WORDS !

yeah true :P I have tonne of old English pennies/half pennies, Irish money I would like to hand someone in a bag also but have no idea how much they are worth though:p

yeah true :P I have tonne of old English pennies/half pennies, Irish money I would like to hand someone in a bag also but have no idea how much they are worth though:p

Seriously, I'd hang on to them all. They're only going to get more rare as the years go by and people clear out their presses etc. I had huge opportunities through the years to stockpile mint coins and I didn't and I'm regretting it now- they're good keep-sakes and might make one of your future generations a few bob but likely they'll keep them too. It's not a bad topic actually for this forum- when to throw out V's when to keep? What looks like "modern" today can quickly become the collector item of tomorrow.

Advertisement