Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rent with no agreement made

Options
  • 08-08-2017 7:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 33

So i was stuck for a place in Galway while on placement. And a relation of a friend offered to let me stay at her place for a 3 weeks till i found a place to rent.

There was no mention of rent whatsoever and she never mentioned any price. 2 weeks into staying there. She decides that shes going to charge me 20 euro/day for the 2 weeks ive already been there. Is this legal?
    Do i have to pay this?
    Its quite frustrating.

Btw. I do intend on paying. Just not that amount because its for me outrageous.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 78,285 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Paying something would be appropriate. If you stayed with relations for a weekend, surely you would take them to dinner?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,112 ✭✭✭notharrypotter

harmo08 wrote: »
    So i was stuck for a place in Galway while on placement. And a relation of a friend offered to let me stay at her place for a 3 weeks till i found a place to rent.

There was no mention of rent whatsoever and she never mentioned any price. 2 weeks into staying there. She decides that shes going to charge me 20 euro/day for the 2 weeks ive already been there. Is this legal?
    Do i have to pay this?
    Its quite frustrating.

Btw. I do intend on paying. Just not that amount because its for me outrageous.
    She appears to be concerned that you are getting comfortable and wants to encourage you to go.

Unfortunately since you do not appear to have made any agreement before hand you must decide how valuable the friendship is bearing in mind the cost of a hostel/hotel/B&B would have been.

Advertisement