Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

2003 Avensis door replacement. Help needed please...

Options
  • 08-08-2017 4:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 559 ✭✭✭

Hi, I've been offered a really clean 2003 Avensis D4D that's always been in the family and is a miser on diesel. The only catch is that the electrics on the drivers door are gone and so I've decided itd be easier to just replace the whole door than go messing with the electricals... . (I'm not looking for opions on that decision).

My local friendly mechanic will fit it for me but I'm having trouble getting the door I need in the right colour and I want to avoid having to spray a door.

I have access to a 1.6 petrol saloon 2005 door in the right colour and I was wondering if, since the production was 2003 - 2009 on these models if the 1.6 petrol saloon door would do the job on my 2003 D4D liftback... What do ye think?

thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 73,387 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Look for damage on the loom between the door and body. That's most likely what it is. Swapping the loom isn't too bad if you get a matching one. The door is unlikely to be a paint match.

Advertisement