Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Star Trek Film Academy

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,467 ✭✭✭Inviere

"fans will work side by side with talented Star Trek artists to create short vignettes from beginning to end.”

If I didn't know better, I'd feel CBS are afraid fan productions could outshine the network produced stuff. Short vignettes, gtfo & let people make their own, original, non strangled content if it's not for profit.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,670 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

Inviere wrote: »
    "fans will work side by side with talented Star Trek artists to create short vignettes from beginning to end.”

If I didn't know better, I'd feel CBS are afraid fan productions could outshine the network produced stuff. Short vignettes, gtfo & let people make their own, original, non strangled content if it's not for profit.

We saw that with Axanar.. whatever about the behind the scenes stuff, CBS were clearly worried that this fan production was being so well received when it was set to deal with the same era/subject matter as the upcoming Discovery.

The only decent one I'll miss though is Continues, but they were planning to end that soon enough anyway.

Advertisement