Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

blackout blinds easy to alter?

Options
  • 08-08-2017 9:51am
    Subscribers Posts: 41,359 ✭✭✭✭

Hi All, im a complete novice here.

i need 3 black out blind for windows that are 1.435 x 1.8m

https://www.harrycorry.com/blackout-sparkle-champagne-roller-blind
    these blinds above would suit perfectly but they are 1.5m wide.
    so the query is, how easy is it to alter these blinds to suit sizes?
    is there enough room for movement in the hanging bar?

im going to go have a look at them this evening, i just wanted to see if anyone has had experience with them please.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 304 ✭✭coffeyt

They can be cut down to size, the bar is metal so you will need a decent saw to cut and I've found the blinds themselves are very long so it can be awkward to cut them straight but it can be done and is fairly straight forward.

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭wobbie10

It's a bit of a messy job and the results can vary greatly. The metal round bar needs to be cut with a hacksaw and then the fabric need straight edge cutting also. It can be done but the results may not be something you wish to hang in a bedroom.
    Why not get them made to order online rather than waste your money trying to alter ?

Wont be much more money for much better job.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 17,642 Mod ✭✭✭✭Graham

+1 on the made to order. I wouldn't be surprised if they worked out cheaper than HN.

We've used http://www.blinds-2go.co.uk/ in the past for roman blinds and wooden blinds. Would recommend giving them a look, no connection other than as customers.

• Registered Users Posts: 500 ✭✭✭JOSman

Graham,

No problem delivering to Ireland?

Approximately how much for delivery?

Thanks

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 17,642 Mod ✭✭✭✭Graham

JOSman wrote: »
    Graham,

No problem delivering to Ireland?

Approximately how much for delivery?

Thanks

No problem at all and we had some 2m + roman blinds delivered.

I can't remember the delivery charges other than they weren't outrageous and still worked out a darn site cheaper than anything we could find locally.

Added, just checked and we got free delivery as order was over €149. This was before they changed their name (previously Tuiss) so not sure if that still applies.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 500 ✭✭✭JOSman

Thanks Graham,

Tried to modify Ikea blinds and it didn't work out well. Now want to replace these, will have a closer look.

J

Advertisement