Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

how many customers do post mobile have ?

Options
  • 07-08-2017 10:40pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 65 ✭✭

Is it true that it's only in the 100s ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 36,165 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Wouldnt surprise me. Like their banking product its half baked and I'd be confident they've a much higher wholesale cost than the rest of the MVNOs on 3.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,383 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Is it true that it's only in the 100s ?

No. that's the average age of the customers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 869 ✭✭✭mikeybrennan

I thought they were on the vf network

They are.

I thought they were on the vf network

They are, my phraseology was ambiguous there sorry.

• Advertisement

They seemed pretty decent plans on a good network

Phones not too pricey either

Probably poorly marketed

• Registered Users Posts: 12,398 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

I find their plans are no better than Vodafone so why bother not going with vf??

For the post office demographic, unlimited calls and texts for €20 is good. Don't know what Vodafone does to rival this.

Edit: they do the same but we th 1gb of data. Fair enough :)

TheDriver wrote: »
    I find their plans are no better than Vodafone so why bother not going with vf??

Theres no reason to. One assumes its a white label service from VF so the only difference is the logo on your bill.

ED E wrote: »
    Theres no reason to. One assumes its a white label service from VF so the only difference is the logo on your bill.
    Have you looked at the price plans?

Post mobile have calls texts and 5GB data for 20

Vodafone don't have a plan with comparable data,so it really depends

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭greensheep777

I'm considering a switch from ID at the moment. Never had great coverage, poor signal in the gym and none whatsoever in my parents house. ID are on the Three network so that rules out a few networks for me.

€20 Postmobile plan:

5GB DATA
    250 Minutes(Any Network, Anytime,inc. Landlines)
    250 Texts (Any Network, Anytime)
    €5 General Credit

€20 Vodafone plan:

Unlimited Vodafone calls & texts
    5GB 4G Data
    Keep €10 of your top up

I think I might go with Postmobile, seems to be better value but does anyone know if it's 3G or 4G data they offer? Doesn't say on their website.

GlkY0WX.png

AFAIK its a 3G only network. Have fun with that.

• Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭greensheep777

ED E wrote: »
    GlkY0WX.png

AFAIK its a 3G only network. Have fun with that.

Ah here!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭jimmynokia

Dear God..

Cheeky fcekers if its only 3g

I nearly switched assuming it was equivalent to Vodafone

• Closed Accounts Posts: 226 ✭✭PAKNET

Thing is, Vodafone's 3G network is actually usable!

Unlike some other operators...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭Ten Pin

Their add-ons might suit some people, they last for 60 days (versus 28 or 30 days for other providers).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 222 ✭✭Ted Plain

I just switched a couple of weeks ago to Postmobile after 15 years or so with my old provider. From billpay to pay-as-you-go.

With the old one I had no coverage at home - and I mean no signal whatsoever - and patchy coverage on my way to work.

At home and at work I'm connected through wifi. When I'm out and about I only use Google Maps (maps downloaded locally, data switched on for traffic updates) and an odd Google search, so the package from Postmobile is ideal for me. 3G works perfectly well for my needs.

I'm paying €20 a month for working service now as opposed to €40 beforehand for no service.

• Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,742 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

Ten Pin wrote: »
    Their add-ons might suit some people, they last for 60 days (versus 28 or 30 days for other providers).

Thanks for this tip off. Picked up a SIM for my mother as the 75 mins add-on for 60 days suits her perfectly.

Also, the SIM works in a Vodafone-locked handset so this seems to confirm it's Vodafone under the hood (as opposed to a proper MVNO on the Vodafone network).

Paid a fiver at the counter for credit but it was actually loaded with €20.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭Ten Pin

Paid a fiver at the counter for credit but it was actually loaded with €20.
    Some questions...

Can you buy add ons from existing credit or do you have to buy them separately by adding credit?

Does buying add-ons push out the service top up requirement of "every 6 months" (in the same way that Vodafone add ons do)?

Can you buy a SIM by itself without a phone and without selecting a "plan"?

Does a Vodafone SIM work in Postmobile handset?

Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,742 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

Ten Pin wrote: »
    Some questions...

Can you buy add ons from existing credit or do you have to buy them separately by adding credit?

No, you have to buy add-ons like you were buying a top-up. You can't use existing credit.
    Does buying add-ons push out the service top up requirement of "every 6 months" (in the same way that Vodafone add ons do)?

Don't definitively know the answer to this one yet but I would suspect so.
    Can you buy a SIM by itself without a phone and without selecting a "plan"?

Yeah, you can get a SIM in its own and it's free but you have to buy credit with it. I was asked to select a plan when buying it and I selected the €20 data plan as it doesn't eat any of the top-up. I'm not sure if I could have not selected any plan but I didn't see the benefit of that.
    Does a Vodafone SIM work in Postmobile handset?

Don't know for certain but I would suspect so.

Advertisement