Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can not get my Samsung 3350 unlocked to 3

Options
  • 07-08-2017 10:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 40

Hi I got unlock code from 3 it unlocked to Vodafone but not to 3. Is this unusual?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Its a 2G only phone, its not working with Three as most of their network is 3G. Really is about time to upgrade.

• Registered Users Posts: 40 brandy21

ED E wrote: »
    Its a 2G only phone, its not working with Three as most of their network is 3G. Really is about time to upgrade.

I meant Three network, I don't need it to go online have a laptop for that, maybe I am from the dark ages but I dont think everyone needs a Smart Phone to get by!

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,858 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

I don't think 3 sim cards work in 2g phones at all.

brandy21 wrote: »
    I meant Three network, I don't need it to go online have a laptop for that, maybe I am from the dark ages but I dont think everyone needs a Smart Phone to get by!

Its not about internet, it wont work.

ED E wrote: »
    Its not about internet, it wont work.

Thanks for the reply. Did not know that

• Advertisement

brandy21 wrote: »
    Maybe I am from the dark ages.!
    ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,651 ✭✭✭✭beauf

I have 2 three sims in 2 different 2G only phones. Working fine. I think three piggy back on someone elses 2G network.

You get a 3 in the corner of the screen only that.

I have tried 3 sims in two old Nokia phones, without any luck either.

Come to think about it mine might be both O2 sims originally and while the sims are now three sims and show a three icon I think the networks are still separate in the background.

beauf wrote: »
    Come to think about it mine might be both O2 sims originally and while the sims are now three sims and show a three icon I think the networks are still separate in the background.

Yep, theyre on 272-02 and new ones are on 272-05. Also the actual chip on the SIM is a different generation which breaks compatibility.

• Advertisement

They are new sims though. As we replaced them only last year when we lost them. Maybe they give out the older sim generation to people on old O2 plans.

beauf wrote: »
    They are new sims though. As we replaced them only last year when we lost them. Maybe they give out the older sim generation to people on old O2 plans.
    They'd have to have some supplies of O2-compatible SIM cards. Otherwise they'd have to port you to the real 3 network when replacing a SIM.

Advertisement