Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Marks & Spencer furniture

Options
  • 07-08-2017 3:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 28,927 ✭✭✭✭

Has anyone on here got experience of M&S furniture - more specifically sofas/armchairs and how they last the test of time?

I currently have a leather sofa and armchair, which have my back absolutely broken :mad: - between the slippy upholstery, the seats being fairly deep, and the fact that the sofa has just sunk over the years (they're about 10 years old), it's almost impossible to sit even half straight in them. I had the base re-done, and the cushions restuffed with fairly firm foam, but it's still wildly uncomfortable.

I had a look in DFS/EZLiving sort of places a while ago, and couldn't see anything I even remotely liked.

This morning I happened to be in M&S and they seem to have some lovely pieces, and a lovely selection of fabrics.

Not cheap, but I wouldn't mind (so much) spending the money if I knew they'd last well.

So.... anyone out there have a sofa for a decent length of time, and still happy with it? Or not?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭shel64

Try googling somewhere like this,,,http://www.reviewcentre.com/reviews92688.html

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭Junglewoman

I have an M&S sofa that is about 12 years old. It is still as comfortable as when I bought it though it was on sale so I didn't pay full price.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,927 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

shel64 wrote: »
    Try googling somewhere like this,,,http://www.reviewcentre.com/reviews92688.html

Thanks for that - but as with most things, I suspect the people who are motivated to go to a site like that and leave a review are those who have had problems, or have a bee in their bonnet about something. Why would you, 10 years on, decide to find that site, log on and leave a review that your sofa was just fine, thanks?

So I hoped that a couple of people here might see this post and let me know their real-world experience of M&S furniture :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,712 ✭✭✭BabysCoffee

I have a leather armchair about 10 yrs from M&S. It is in great shape and very comfortable.......but it doesn't get as much use as the sofa does.

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭Junglewoman

They have 20% off furniture offer on at the moment, It ends either tomorrow or Sunday. Just in case you didn't know already.

• Advertisement

Just a quick bump of this (if that's allowed) as I'm getting close to actually putting in an order for a sofa and armchair.

Anyone else out there with M&S furniture that they are still happy with after a reasonable amount of use? Or unhappy because it's collapsed, fallen apart or otherwise not lived up to its billing???

They have 20% off furniture offer on at the moment, It ends either tomorrow or Sunday. Just in case you didn't know already.

Thanks for that - hadn't realised I hadn't replied to it.

I'll be ordering two pieces of furniture, so you get 20% off anyhow. But cheers anyway!

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭Jolisa94

We’ve had a leather Abbey sofa for the past eight years - no issues at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭ams

On their website from today:20% OFF HOMEWARE
    Cosy up and snuggle down with 20% off all home and up to 30% off furniture – just in time for Christmas

Terms, conditions and exclusions apply. See website for full details.
    Save 20% on selected Homeware and up to 30% off selected Furniture. The Offer excludes T40 Gifts, T21 Stationery, Pillow offers, Loft and Express brands. Offer commences 24 October 00:01 am and ends 31 October 6:30 am online at marksandspencer.ie and in selected stores. Discount will be shown at checkout. Please check relevant delivery terms & conditions online. Cannot be used in conjunction with other offers. Offer does not apply to delivery charges. Subject to availability. Any refunds will take into account the discount.

Advertisement