Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mouse wheel scrolling instead of zooming

Options
  • 07-08-2017 10:19am
    Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 11,326 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Until a few days ago, when viewing images stored on my computer, turning the mouse wheel zoomed in and out of images.

Now for some reason turning the mouse wheel scrolls between images.

I haven't adjusted any settings since I bought the PC a few months back and looking at the settings for the mouse I don't see an option to restore the zoom.

Any idea how I get it back to how it was?

Acer Extensa Windows 10 Pro 64

Genealogy Forum Mod

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 11,326 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hermy

Does this forum not work anymore?

Genealogy Forum Mod

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,270 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

Hermy wrote: »
    Does this forum not work anymore?

It does, but it operates on a volunteer basis. If you don't get a response, then it's likely that no one can help you.

What software are you using that has this problem?

EDIT: Assuming it's the Photos app that comes with windows 10, then open the app, click the ". . ." in the top right hand corner, and the setting to choose which is is in there

CatInABox wrote: »
    If you don't get a response, then it's likely that no one can help you.

Well CatInABox, you've proved that not to be the case. Thank you sir.

Maybe the fix seemed too simple for some users to be worth commenting on but it was beyond me, having only recently bid farewell to Windows XP and still getting to grips with where everything is hiding in Windows 10.

Genealogy Forum Mod

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,270 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

Hermy wrote: »
    Well CatInABox, you've proved that not to be the case. Thank you sir.

Maybe the fix seemed too simple for some users to be worth commenting on but it was beyond me, having only recently bid farewell to Windows XP and still getting to grips with where everything is hiding in Windows 10.

Haha, I didn't even know where to start, and then took a look in the photos app. If I hadn't found anything in there, then you were probably going to be on your own then!

It's so simple when you know how but until that penny drops it may as well be brain surgery! :)

Genealogy Forum Mod

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,028 ✭✭✭d31b0y

The default for most apps is to scroll up and down / move to next item on scroll. Perhaps you'd be better off teaching yourself to hold ctrl while scrolling to zoom in and out as that is also the default for most apps.

Try it out, it's very handy on webpages / word docs / adobe etc.

Advertisement