Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tayto Park- what's worthwhile?

Options
  • 07-08-2017 10:09am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,656 ✭✭✭

Hi all,
    Myself,OH,5 yr old,and 2 and a half yr old are heading to Tayto Park midweek next week.

Just wondering what things would people recommend doing there for that age of children?..how many hours roughly would a family typically spend there....including doing the factory tour?
    Are most things still open even if it's raining?,

Thanks for any advice.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,656 ✭✭✭Western Pomise

Really appreciate any advice from people who have been to Tayto Park,thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,408 ✭✭✭chewed

Really appreciate any advice from people who have been to Tayto Park,thanks.

http://www.taytopark.ie/visitor-information/faq

• Registered Users Posts: 1,389 ✭✭✭upinthesky

There is loads to do, actually heading there myself today, apart from the big rides that your children will be too small to go on there is a complete different section for kiddos of your age i would recommend the wrist band if you think they will go on these a lot, think the 2 year old could be free?, also there is a lovely playground lovely walks around with different animals, you could spend as much time as you wanted there but dress for the weather,

restaurants are reasonably priced with great food, i find it way better than McDonald's and a little cheaper for what you get, if you dont want to eat there bring a picnic there is plenty of space that you can sit and relax.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭Teyla Emmagan

Just go to see the animals and go for a few rides in the "small kids" section (on the left). Don't go anywhere near the big rides (all over on the right so easy to avoid). That's a full day in itself and the kids will be delighted. The animals are great I think. If you want to wait ages there is normally free face painting and stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭Petyr Baelish

The zoo is great, the wasps are not.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,389 ✭✭✭upinthesky

The zoo is great, the wasps are not.

There everywhere aren't they, is there anything that can be done about them, you cant even sit and eat in peace...

• Registered Users Posts: 19,396 ✭✭✭✭road_high

upinthesky wrote: »
    There everywhere aren't they, is there anything that can be done about them, you cant even sit and eat in peace...

The time of year for them now, they'll be mental from here on.

Advertisement