Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Motorcycle learner permit form D201

Options
  • 07-08-2017 12:27am
    Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭

Wondering has anyone applied for this recently. On the application form D201 on the application checklist it asks for a current / most recent learner permit. I'm confused as this is my first time applying for a motorcycle learner permit. Do they mean my previous learner permit from years ago when learning for the car license?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,006 ✭✭✭beno619

It's only applicable if your adding a category to your existing permit afaik.

Ignore it if your starting from scratch.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,465 ✭✭✭✭cantdecide

beno619 wrote: »
    It's only applicable if your adding a category to your existing permit afaik.

Ignore it if your starting from scratch.

Correct. You can use the D201 to create a new permit, renew an expiring permit or to add new categories to an existing one.

For example, if you get a permit for motorcycle categories and later on want to get bus categories, you would have to submit your current permit and have the categories added to it; they won't give you a separate permit for the bus categories.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,137 ✭✭✭Glen_Quagmire

I am looking to apply for my first motorcycle learner permit using the 201 form.

First question says "Have you previously held a learner permit and/or driving licence in Ireland?" and it has a box beside "learner permit" and another beside "drivers licence".

Do I tick the drivers licence box as I have a car licence?

Also, question 13a asks what is the application type, do I choose "Have a driving licence and applying for a learner permit in a different category"

Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 1,727 ✭✭✭Nozebleed

i have a full car licence..when i applied recently for my 1st provisional bike licence it atates on the form you need an eye test for a first provisional so i got one done..when i brought it to ndls he gave it back to me saying i already done an eye test....13 years ago and that i didnt need to hand another in.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,137 ✭✭✭Glen_Quagmire

Yeah that's what I mean its not clear on the form what to do.

But yeah maybe a new eye test should be mandatory

• Advertisement
Advertisement