Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards very slow on mobile

Options
  • 06-08-2017 12:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭

I can't post this in feedback due to some technical problem so just going to post here..why is Boards so slow on mobile? There's been a redesign of the mobile site and loading takes forever. Plus it won't let me find forums using search feature..nothing. Anyone else experiencing this.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,790 ✭✭✭2Mad2BeMad

I can't post this in feedback due to some technical problem so just going to post here..why is Boards so slow on mobile? There's been a redesign of the mobile site and loading takes forever. Plus it won't let me find forums using search feature..nothing. Anyone else experiencing this.

Works fine for me

• Registered Users Posts: 992 ✭✭✭jamesthepeach

Same for me. Use the legacy site.
    The newer site is sh1t.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,461 ✭✭✭dobman88

Can't use boards at all on my phone in a browser unless I'm using incognito mode. Been like that for a few weeks now. I've even had a new phone and it still won't load. Works perfectly using incognito which is strange

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭Fanny Wank

Patww79 wrote: »
    Oh God yeah, goes without saying not to use that mess. Are they still pushing that?

For a while even trying to use touch defaulted to the new site. What a pile of crap

Cleared history, cookies etc and touch worked again

• Registered Users Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

How do I use the touch/ legacy version?

I've typed in touch.boards.ie but redirects me to boards.ie/b/ which is painful.

Will try in incognito mode to see if that works.. using chrome.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

Feedback is probably showing a 404 from touch because it's premoderated. One of the admin will need to approve it. Might be better in help desk or site dev anyway though I'm not having any issues myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

KERSPLAT! wrote: »
    Feedback is probably showing a 404 from touch because it's premoderated. One of the admin will need to approve it. Might be better in help desk or site dev anyway though I'm not having any issues myself.

I tried on the new redesign because that's all that worked and it wouldn't even let me submit the thread due to an error saying a required field had not been selected even though I had picked it. Didn't think of site dev, cheers.

Clearing cookies has allowed me to revert to touch though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,898 ✭✭✭✭Ken.

Mod-Moved to the Site Development forum. Please read the charter before posting.

• Advertisement

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.

Advertisement